HHP - 2018 - Week 15: Final Clean

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This Week's Household Checklist:
  • Dust/Vacuum/Sweep/Windex areas throughout the house. Done
This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist:
  • Eat from the freezer.
  • Plan Christmas menus. Done.
  • Update address book.
  • Mail Christmas cards.
  • Complete gift wrapping. All the main gifts are wrapped. I'm sure there are a few stragglers someplace ...
  • Check cameras. Done
  • Bake Cookies.
  • Work off of Christmas Eve preparation list.
I went through the rooms on the first floor and vacuumed them. Then I cleaned the Dining Room carpet and the Family Room carpet. I charged the camera battery up for the upcoming Christmas concerts. We're eating from the freezer this week!

Last edited:
Reactions: Miss JoDee

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
will start eating from the freezer too.

I'm just trying to maintain. This Week is d's move so I will spend part of theweekend at his new house cleaning there.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Things have been rather tense here the past few weeks. My brother went in for surgery (cancer) to remove part of his lung and there are complications in getting him off he respirator. He has a history with alcohol and cigarettes which is not helping. He's out of state so I'm on pins and needles trying to figure out what to do. I'm his closest family so I'm not sure if I'm flying out just as my daughter is flying home from college. Has me all stressed out. Still don't know if he will be going into a care home for rehab or if I need to hire a caregiver or what. Trying to wrap up Christmas and get things as settled as I can so I can make fast decisions if need be. I'm pretty much cracking the whip over here to make things come together in double-time. (I'm going to have to take a good hard honest look at the holidays come January -- in our new situation with DD gone. I may add up all my receipts and decide we need to go on a trip next year instead! I'm just really struggling this year.)

I'm in PT and now DH is too. And you know how that goes. Such a time suck. Almost done though. Another 10 days and I'm done.

I'm really in good shape though for Christmas (again this plan has saved me). I've got most everything and have a plan for what I don't have. One big gift (gaming computer for DS in reward for awesome grades) has yet to be purchased.

So my list for the week:
* Nail down a plan for my brother.
* Check bank accounts and set up Christmas checks for those that are getting them.
* Finish the last of the shopping.
* Wrap what I have and test-run the stockings (can't fill til after DD sees them empty under the tree)
* Find the darn socks that go with the pajama sets. ;-)
* Finish exchanges (like the sweater thet is going back because DD sent me a photo of her cute new sweater that she got (identical to the one I got her for Christmas.) I'll get her a different color.
* Grab DS and go set up FIL's Christmas decor at the Retirement Home.
* Order the Prime Rib for Christmas dinner if it isn't sold out yet.

And a bunch of other stuff, but those are the biggies.

Hope everyone else is coming along ok. The world is a crazy place right now and it always helps me to come back in here with you all.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
will start eating from the freezer too.

I'm just trying to maintain. This Week is d's move so I will spend part of theweekend at his new house cleaning there.

I'm sure your ds will appreciate your help.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Things have been rather tense here the past few weeks. My brother went in for surgery (cancer) to remove part of his lung and there are complications in getting him off he respirator. He has a history with alcohol and cigarettes which is not helping. He's out of state so I'm on pins and needles trying to figure out what to do. I'm his closest family so I'm not sure if I'm flying out just as my daughter is flying home from college. Has me all stressed out. Still don't know if he will be going into a care home for rehab or if I need to hire a caregiver or what. Trying to wrap up Christmas and get things as settled as I can so I can make fast decisions if need be. I'm pretty much cracking the whip over here to make things come together in double-time. (I'm going to have to take a good hard honest look at the holidays come January -- in our new situation with DD gone. I may add up all my receipts and decide we need to go on a trip next year instead! I'm just really struggling this year.)

Cindylouwho, it does sound like a very tense time for you. Keep taking care of you. Remember to breath and to let your body slow down enough to rebuild it's energy.

I had to laugh when I read these notes:
* Find the darn socks that go with the pajama sets. ;-)
* Finish exchanges (like the sweater thet is going back because DD sent me a photo of her cute new sweater that she got (identical to the one I got her for Christmas.) I'll get her a different color.

Yep! I've misplaced items inside other bags. I can't believe that your dd picked up an identical sweater. That's too funny. Just goes to show that you know her well. :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Cindylouwho, a good thing we are a group of people who organize all year long, because we Don't Always see what's coming our way. Hugs to you and speady recovery to your brother

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Cindylouwho, prayers for you and your brother.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I got rid of a car load of "stuff" from our house yesterday.

This year I am feeling really behind on the baking. Thankfully, my dds have made up some of the dry mix for the cookies, a few batches of dough and baked a few batches of cookies that are in the freezer. i have a ton more to do. Tonight I made a batch of Oatmeal cookies and baked them. I made the dough for two other cookies.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I made up four more batches of cookies. They will get decorated during the week.