HHP - 2018 - Week 18: New Year’s Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Today is the last day of parties. Tonight's dinner will be the 4th party we hosted this week. It's been great getting together with friends and family. We've kept up with the minimum maintenance and it's been great.

This Week's Household Checklist:
  • Make a minimum maintenance plan. Done
This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist:
  • Start to take down decorations. This is the part that I do not like doing by myself. I will be asking for help from the family. It will go by quicker and I won't feel so sad. Done
  • Determine Word of the Year. Done
  • Set up goals for the year and steps for achieving them. Done
  • Write out what worked and what didn't work during the 2018 holiday preparations. Done

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Here are the things that I want to remember for next year:

• Need to find another tree farm. More and more people are cutting down trees and the selection was sparse.
  • Make only "Christmas" cookies next year: We had way too many leftovers of cookies in general. Those are in the freezer for youth group snacks.
  • Decide if doing one or two trees before Thanksgiving. If doing two, then set up artificial tree on Thanksgiving weekend.
  • Make up cookie dry mix in the summer. Attach cookie recipe to the bag for reference.
  • Make cookie dough and freeze in October.
  • Decorate the tree w/o the children if they are not available. They can add their ornaments once Christmas break starts.
  • Meal planning on days of concerts was helpful.
  • Keeping up with exercising and getting to bed by 10 pm starting in October was very helpful.
  • Cutting out cheese, crackers and adult beverages after 7 pm beginning in October was also helpful. Adding in lots of fruits and vegetables to our meals was helpful in keeping us healthier through the autumn.
  • Menu planning on days between Christmas and New Year’s Day helped me. Keeping meals simple and having everyone pitch in was nice.
  • Stocking up on extra trash bags, toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex, dish detergent, washing detergent, etc. for the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day helped.
  • Having plenty of cold and flu medicine available helped with colds we picked up over Christmas.
  • Taking the time to organize and plan ahead is worth it. CrAzy things happen the week leading into Christmas and the week of Christmas. This helped me stay to stay calmer.
  • I need to go through the Freezer Sessions 2018 Thread to write down the tips that I learned.
  • Sending out gifts at Thanksgiving took the stress off the week leading into Christmas. Everyone received their gift. I will try that again.
  • Wrapping gifts early and often was a great help.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
This week:
  • Dedecorating
  • Getting some rest as I've had a cold all week
  • empty fridge of leftovers
  • wash all bedding used for NY's Eve
  • Setting goals for 2019
  • Finding my 2019 word
  • Make my 2019 Craft list