HHP - 2018 - Week 6: Wardrobe Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Here's what I'm hoping to get done this week.

This Week's Household Checklist:
  • Tackle family clothes closets. I think I'll change out clothes from summer to winter. Will do this next week if it gets cooler here.
  • Declutter the laundry room, then clean and organize any other household area devoted to clothing care. DONE
This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist:
  • Check family wardrobes. I'll discuss this with the family. I need to buy at least one outfit for Christmas. DONE
  • Clear out the coat closet. DONE
  • Brainstorm Secret Santa gift ideas now. I need to do this for school and I also have to talk to dh about work gifts. DONE
  • Begin shopping catalogs or the Internet. I have to sit down with my list and figure out what can be ordered now versus later on a sale. Started.
  • Continue working on Christmas cards I’m a bit behind but it’s okay. I still have time. DONE.
  • Begin to work on Thanksgiving Prep List. Started.

Still to do:
  • Start on Spruce Up List Put a date on the calendar as to when I plan to do the first item on the list.
  • Keep working on Stocking Stuffers Sit down, make a list and plan it on the calendar
  • Look for shirt for Halloween costume. DONE
  • Order Stamps.

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This has been a productive two days on the Christmas Prep front. :) I talked to my dds about Christmas outfits and I think that we are on track with clothes. We went out shopping today. I will try to look for an outfit for myself in the the next few weeks.

Today I was able to pick up a few teacher gifts and got some ideas for my dds' Christmas gifts. I made a note of it as soon as we got home. :D We have some ideas now about Secret Santa gifts and dh's work gifts. I reviewed the online gift purchases from last year and I'll place some of this year's online purchases sometime this week.

Last year I decided that I would give out gifts to the service people in our life during the week leading into Thanksgiving. I will put the gifts into brown bags and use ribbon in fall colors to keep the bags closed. I'll attach a gift tag that says something like "We are thankful for you." Hopefully this will help with all the service people actually getting the gifts before Christmas. It seems a lot of people take off right before Christmas and then they don't receive their gift.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Oh, how I like to have blocks of time to get things done! This week has been a great week for me in that area.

The switching out to winter clothes is on hold. It's been in the 70's and humid the last few days. I can not think of wearing sweaters right now. :( I've been drinking iced pumpkin coffee lately.

The coat closet has plenty of hangers and some of our coats are in there now.

I placed two orders for more service people gifts. I'm hoping to get the first order by Monday.

I am up to date with the Christmas cards being written and addressed. I realized that I have to order stamps still. I'll add that to the Still to Do list now.

I made a batch of Sausage, Apple & Cranberry Stuffing for Thanksgiving and froze it.

I hope everyone is having a productive week.
:)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Mary - You are rockin' it!

The weather FINALLY turned here - thank the Great Pumpkin! Broke out the tights and fall boots today!

I love the gifts for service people idea! I saw something on Pinterest that I loved...someone setup a container full of bottles of water, etc. for delivery drivers to be able to take from as they brought packages to the house.

https://pin.it/26kph2i7oj3hqy

Reactions: Miss JoDee

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
This Week's Household Checklist:
  • Tackle family clothes closets. - just need to put away a few summer clothes. winter clothes are ready.
  • Declutter the laundry room, then clean and organize any other household area devoted to clothing care. - Nothing getting done there - part of bathroom remodel
This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist:
  • Check family wardrobes. I'm thinking of wearing what we have
  • Clear out the coat closet. DONE - will take hats & mittens out this weekend
  • Brainstorm Secret Santa gift ideas now. We don't do secret santa
  • Begin shopping catalogs or the Internet. Started
  • Continue working on Christmas cards Wating for a list of addresses.
  • Begin to work on Thanksgiving Prep List. Our Thanksgiving is over so that's done

Still to do:
  • Start on Spruce Up List I guess Nothing will get done before Christmas - bathroom remodel is taking too long.
  • Keep working on Stocking Stuffers Need to buy and wrap a few more things but mainly done
  • Look for shirt for Halloween costume. Will try to finish this weekend
  • Order Stamps. - DONE

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Mary - You are rockin' it!

The weather FINALLY turned here - thank the Great Pumpkin! Broke out the tights and fall boots today!

I love the gifts for service people idea! I saw something on Pinterest that I loved...someone setup a container full of bottles of water, etc. for delivery drivers to be able to take from as they brought packages to the house.

https://pin.it/26kph2i7oj3hqy

We got the cool weather today. It felt great to walk outside without the humidity.

I love the idea of a basket of goodies for the delivery folks. I really want to do that this year! I think I may laminate a note and keep it at the oil tank pipe so that the oil delivery guy can take something too.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Lucie, it sounds like you are keeping up with things. :) We did a bathroom remodel a number of years back. My dh did it in his free time so it took 3 yrs. I was so glad when it was finally done. Fortunately, we had another bathroom to use when we weren't able to use the main one.

Reactions: luludou

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Running out the door but I'll be back later to post my recap for the week. You know how I was dipping my toes in the water and dealing with things in small chunks and not wanting to deal with my "Emo" pile in the corner of my Master? Well, I'm all in! Completely submerged and tossing like crazy! Back later to read all the posts and update my own progress! Keep it going! :)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Running out the door but I'll be back later to post my recap for the week. You know how I was dipping my toes in the water and dealing with things in small chunks and not wanting to deal with my "Emo" pile in the corner of my Master? Well, I'm all in! Completely submerged and tossing like crazy! Back later to read all the posts and update my own progress! Keep it going! :)

Good to hear!

How's your recovery going? I was thinking of you last week.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Good to hear! How's your recovery going? I was thinking of you last week.

I'm moving now but it cost me a good couple weeks in terms of getting anything of meaning done. So frustrating! But then I know people that have things a lot worse! I am very thankful for my mobility!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Last year I decided that I would give out gifts to the service people in our life during the week leading into Thanksgiving. I will put the gifts into brown bags and use ribbon in fall colors to keep the bags closed. I'll attach a gift tag that says something like "We are thankful for you." Hopefully this will help with all the service people actually getting the gifts before Christmas. It seems a lot of people take off right before Christmas and then they don't receive their gift.

(I love this!)

Here's where I ended up last week:

HOLIDAY:
  • Christmas card list. Choose a few photos from this year.
  • Put up Autumn Decor -- DONE.
  • Thanksgiving -- get DD booked somewhere on the East Coast.
  • Stocking stuffers -- Need more.
  • PLUS catch up:
  • Inventory holiday cards, gift wrap, and mailing supplies.
  • Gift Closet / Attic -- Marie Kondo in process. IN FULL SWING!!
  • Fall Care Package to DD -- Halloween package ready to mail.

HOME:
  • Office - Finish Taxes - DONE.
  • Health & Sanity --Coming back to me. One of our kitties died. Last few days were rough.
  • Improving lighting throughout house -- Still adding more.
  • FIL's house remodel = Painting almost done. Bids coming in for flooring/carpet.
  • PLUS catch up:
  • Master -- Build new headboard. DH built 3 versions. Not quite right yet.
  • Art on the walls
  • Declutter clothes -- Continue Capsule Wardrobe & Continue loading photos into app.
  • Continue building shopping list for Columbus Day Sales. -- Good drill for Black Friday. Next year I'll have my online shopping carts loaded, not just have lists. I also really needed to be out in person for the in-store deals. But I was home nursing my bandaged foot. Ugh! Got a few good deals though.

Reactions: luludou

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Cindylouwho - I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. I'm glad that you are up and about now. One of my daughters is in a boot. She sprained her ankle. We're waiting to hear from the insurance company to get the ok for an MRI. She's still having issues and it isn't showing up on the x-rays.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I like the idea of loading up the online carts.. and on amazon I can have a wishlist for everyone I want to give to.