HHP - 2018 - Week 8: Family Space Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'd like to work on the ornaments I will be giving for Christmas. I want to declutter more to have less to clean

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I am ready to tackle this week's list. :) According to the calendar, the next few weeks should be less chaotic on this home front.

This Week's Household Checklist:
  • Declutter, clean and organize the family room: dust, vacuum, clean windows, go through game shelves. DONE
  • Organize media and entertainment. Go through DVDs and decide if anything should be given away. DONE

This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Find Christmas CDs/DVDs. I'm hoping that they are all in one place as I remember from last year. DONE
  • Plan Christmas movie nights. I'm thinking of doing movie mornings in December. I'll poll the family and see what they think. DONE
  • Continue working on Christmas cards. I've been happily keeping up with this much better this year. Stamps should arrive by the end of the week. DONE
  • Create a holiday housework plan. Definitely need this to be reinforced this year. DONE
  • Wrap gifts and stocking stuffers that have been bought. The MHH wrapping party is this Thursday but with other things happening, I would really like to do this on Tuesday.
  • Thanksgiving Prep List DONE
Still to do:
  • Keep working on Stocking Stuffers and gift list.
  • Continue to do the work on Spruce Up list
  • Keep working on Thanksgiving Prep List. Got this week's list done.

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Find Christmas CDs/DVDs. Already in the LR (I took them out during our Thanksgiving weekend, already watched 3 movies :) )
  • Plan Christmas movie nights. No planning but when dd's girlfriend is here we watch Christmas movies.
  • Continue working on Christmas cards. I need to get my addresses. My card inserts are ready
  • Create a holiday housework plan. I'll play this by ear as dh is doing bathroom remodel and there is crap everywhere. Deep-clean will be in 2019 after it is finished.
  • Wrap gifts and stocking stuffers that have been bought. Will be working on this today
  • Homemade gifts: work on my homemade ornaments.
  • Work on master gift list: order whatever is missing

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Week 8 Family Space
HOLIDAY:

• Christmas Movies -- Find TV schedule for Christmas movies and set to record.
  • Shopping List -- Start buying!
  • Thanksgiving -- Find NY restaurant for DD's Thanksgiving.
  • Stocking stuffers -- Buy the candy.
  • Craft Room / Mudroom - Finish the declutter, get boxes out and wrapping paper in.
  • Gift Closet / Attic -- Moves way up priority list. (Our remodel is blocking this space - makes it harder)
  • Santa App -- Sync up with Exel so I have the same list in both places..
  • Christmas card list. -- Order cards.
  • Black Friday -- Check ads. Make a plan. Load the shopping carts online.

HOME:
  • Marie Kondo Declutter -- Continue. Focus on Family Room, Attic and Master Closet (remodeling).
  • Flu Shots scheduled
Goal is to have the declutter done by Nov 1. *Deep breaths* That's 10 days.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I found the CDs and DVDs. After talking with the family, I'll just let them know when I'm watching a movie and if the homework load is light enough or they need a break from work/studying, they will join me. I also spoke about the holiday housework schedule. We'll begin in earnest at the start of the new month.

I made and froze several side dishes for Thanksgiving. My weekends in November will be visiting colleges. So getting this done now is giving me some piece of mind. I have two more side dishes to make ahead in addition to the desserts and Christmas cookies.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
The housework is in decent shape. I got a few Thanksgiving side dishes made up this week and froze them. I have a few more to make but I need more room in the freezer. We're eating out of the freezer this week and maybe next week too.

I got some more gift ideas for my daughter. I still need to get out for some more stocking stuffers. Hopefully, next week I'll have a chance to get out.

The wrapping never got done. I'm also hoping to get to that next week.

How's everyone else doing?

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'm a week late but getting back to this....but my projects are all merging together. Here's what got done this past week:

HOLIDAY:
  • Thanksgiving -- Find NY restaurant for DD's Thanksgiving. - Got train booked.
  • Craft Room / Mudroom - Loaded with declutter bags, emptied, reloaded! (But I got the items I want gathered there. Just need to put it together. Have to buy more ribbon & paper.
  • Gift Closet / Attic -- Cleared out in Gift Closet inventoried. A little more decluttering to go.

HOME:
  • Marie Kondo Declutter -- Continue. Yep. But this is moving to background. Xmas first!
  • Flu Shots scheduled -- Got a cold instead. Will shoot for next week.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
And Holiday_Mom I'm going to have to check the Freezer Thread and see if you are posting what you are making. I would LOVE to freeze dishes for Thanksgiving. I've never done that, I always cook over 2 days and I swear it just kills me. We are eating out of the freezer too. Almost down to where I can defrost it and reinventory. More on the Freezer thread....

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Cindylouwho, you are doing great on that declutter part!

I'll go check the Freezer Thread. I think I posted the dishes there.