HHP - 2019 - Week 12 - Dining Space Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Here's what I hope to get done this week:
Household Checklist
  • Declutter and clean the dining room.
  • Gather serving dishes, serving utensils, tablecloth.

Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Work off of Thanksgiving Timeline plan.
  • Finalize the Thanksgiving menu. Done
  • Plan Black Friday shopping.
  • Plan holiday parties. Done
  • Wrap gifts.

Still to Do
  • Organize holiday recipes. Done
  • Look for Advent Calendar.
  • Review recipes and make a shopping list.

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
It's Wednesday and I keep saying, "Slow and Steady, Slow and Steady." I'm moving along but at a slower pace than I was hoping at this point. I was out twice this week food shopping and gift shopping. :)Nothing is quite done on this week's list but it is a work in progress.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
It's Wednesday and I keep saying, "Slow and Steady, Slow and Steady."

I have a very similar mantra going on in MY head! Breathing....Breathing....Breathing...

I haven't started wigging out yet but honestly I'm not sure why. I really should be wigging out. :)

Starting to put together my game plan for shopping and how I'm going to pull off everything efficiently. I think I've mentioned this but I'm thinking about it again today: I have a new Stocking strategy this year because it usually takes me the longest and hurts my head to think about who has what. This year I'm going to do all the stockings in a day and have them be the ONLY thing I'm shopping for so I don't lose track of stuff. I might not get the best prices but I think the amount I will save in time and gas will more than make up for it. I'm going to use shoe boxes IN STORE and fill them up-- saving room for 5 key small gift items unique to each person. I have HIGH hopes for this strategy. Really think this might work. Stockings can just get complicated (even if they always turn out awesome). I will report back on how this goes. Might be a next week thing.

Shopping -- get this -- I haven't even LOOKED. I'm gong to do much online. When I shop online in advance the cookies save to my computer and I SWEAR Amazon raises its prices once it knows I'm looking for something. This year I'm making my list as solid as I can first so I know exactly what I'm looking for and then I'm literally going to the library (MUCH faster internet and the library computers can keep all those cookies on their computers). I know I can delete them on mine but the library is next door anyway and it is just easier and faster. THEN I'm going to load my "lists" and then Black Friday weekend I'm going to pull the trigger.

Sounds good right? I won't get sick. I won't get sick. I won't get sick.

House is coming along. Organizer was here (boy is she worth her weight in gold -- she has redirected us on so many things that would have cost us thousands in renovations. But her biggest value is somewhat acting as a General Contractor for the renovation specifically managing me and my husband. SO much better with her telling us what to do. DH will even let her talk to him about his workshop ... which is such sacred guy territory. Hasn't touched that yet but overall things are going well. Reworked our bonus room yesterday and re-oriented furniture and boxed up childhood items for future grandkids and pulled out old items from our own childhoods to add in history and character into the room and its really creating a cool look. We have a couple more appts with her between now and Christmas and in the meantime are tearing things apart and decluttering on our own. Having the big-push stress days with her here is prob what is keeping me calm.

Have to order some items for the house (baskets, blinds and such). She's saved us so much money on cabinetry that we are able to purchase the new couch set that I've had my eyes on for years. She literally had to talk me through that one yesterday. Mentally exhausted by the end of the day. But now I'm really excited about it. Hoping my brain holds together through the shopping. Watching the budget like a hawk.

Did I mention how thankful I am that I got a pre-lit tree? And am ordering out for Thanksgiving?

Final call for lists -- Today. (I probably won't get them but I can try.)
Online shopping - Will be at library today. Maybe an hour.
Living Room - in good shape.
Thanksgiving Menu shopping -- Prob tomorrow.
First trip to Mall to scope for Black Friday -- Tomorrow
Dr. Appt -- need to get my bloodwork done (just health check) before I wreck it with holiday eating. :)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I have a very similar mantra going on in MY head! Breathing....Breathing....Breathing...

Looking ahead, I think that will be mine. I have one more procedure to get done on my leg in just about 2 weeks. That'll put me out of commission for a few days. I want to get as much shopping and wrapping done before then.

Some of my children have given me some Christmas gift ideas. I bought some during pre-Black Friday sales. Those were the ones I wanted to make sure that I actually had before they sold out. I will wrap them this weekend. I have a running list of some surprise gifts but I'd like to have everyone else's ideas by tonight. I need to make a Black Friday shopping plan for everyone else this weekend too. Next week will be a wash out with other things that are scheduled.

I'm going to use shoe boxes IN STORE and fill them up-- saving room for 5 key small gift items unique to each person. I

It sounds like you have a good idea here.

When I shop online in advance the cookies save to my computer and I SWEAR Amazon raises its prices once it knows I'm looking for something.

My dad says the same thing. I haven't noticed but I usually shop using the Google search engine for prices. Also, if you use Chrome, there is a Chrome App called Keepa that I use to price check Amazon's prices.

Reactions: Cindylouwho

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
... if you use Chrome, there is a Chrome App called Keepa that I use to price check Amazon's prices.

Oh I forgot about that one! Good one!

Here's what I got done last week and over the weekend:
Got my doctor's appts done this past week.
Christmas lists in from half of the family.
Most of the big ticket items identified.
Pajama gifts purchased (except for DS) for Christmas Eve -- they always disappear early.
Thanksgiving schedule nailed down.
Mentally moving into holiday mode (finally) now where I need to start shutting things down on the house.
(Thing is the house is about to be torn apart next week for nearly a full week. If I'm smart I'll leave town so I don't lose my mind. Snow is also in the forecast so never know what will happen with the work schedules of everyone involved.).

Last edited:
Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
You're doing great! Here's hoping the snow turns to rain... :)