HHP - 2019 - Week 17 - Celebration Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Household Checklist
  • Do minimum maintenance.

Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Double check that batteries are ready for camera. Done
  • Finish ornament.
  • Prepare Christmas dinner side dish.
  • Prepare for Christmas dinner.Done
  • Finish up any last minute forgotten gifts and/or wrapping.Done

Last edited:

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Oh my gosh! We are almost there! I've been running so hard all this month the holiday seems to be coming up really fast on us. Just got my kids off the plane a couple days ago and they are still spinning from Final Exams and trying to get into Christmas mode.

House is at minimal maintenance.

TO DO today:
Bows on the presents and 1/2 of them under the tree.
Wrap the last few presents -- while watching something Christmas'y
Grocery shopping for the fresh produce (all else already in the fridge)
Make an after-Chiristmas baking plan with the kids cuz our schedule didn't allow for ANY of it over the weekend. AGAIN. (Really really really have to troubleshoot this one.)
Holiday show & Mall tonight - cuz the girls still want to shop. Cuz THAT won't be crowded! ;-) Lordy!

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Feeling the most relax now since we just finished the cleaning. The neighbor’s gift is in the table ready to take over to them later. I have one gift to finish wrapping but DS and GF are on their and since everyone is getting the same thing I can’t pull it out right now. This is a last minute add on gift as DS ‘s friend will be visiting. Feeling good.

I am realizing that I did miss our trip to the Farm and fleet store where we buy our Christmas candies and nuts maybe we can squeeze it in yet tomorrow we’ll see. I will put that into my notes of reflection on the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This the first Christmas Eve in over 18 yrs. that we're not hosting my family. We did that on Sunday morning. It was nice. Tonight we're doing Christmas Eve with just the seven of us. It feels so different.

We've been maintaining the house. We'll host dh's family for cookies and hot chocolate on New Year's Eve this year following ice skating. We're keeping our hosting to a minimum this year. It's been super busy all year for us that we just needed a break from hosting a lot of parties between Christmas and New Year's Day.

I have just a few homemade gift certificates to do. I did the prep work for the side dish I'm bringing to my mom's for Christmas dinner.

Merry Christmas!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul