HHP - 2019 - Week 7 - Bedding and Bath Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Well I didn't even realize bedding and bath week was coming when I bought my husband some new towels Friday. Because I don't have much space I only keep 2 bath sheets and 2 regular size towels for each person in the family. We had all gotten new towels except him, so now we're set. Perfect timing because my linen closet is a mess. One of those shelves is where we also keep extra bathroom stuff and i can't find squat, so I might even do that today to get it out of the way. Since I'm going to be in recovery for most of November I think I'll take a final list of anything product wise I may need so I don't have to ask the guys in the house to buy anything for me. We pretty much all buy our own stuff, so it will just be easier.

Other than that, I don't know yet. I'll start there and look at their promptings for the week.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I don't have too much to do this week in the bathroom and linen closets.

Household Checklist
  • Clean, organize and declutter bathrooms. This should not be too bad. I worked on the decluttering the bathroom cabinets a few months back.Done
  • Organize and declutter linen closet. Another one that shouldn't be too bad. I went through some of this at the beginning of September.Done
  • Clean, organize and declutter pantry. This is one of the tasks for the week of my procedure. I'd like to get to it this week.Done
Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Buy extra toilet paper and tissues for Christmas week. I like to keep a stock of extra items that we may run out of during Christmas week in a different location than our regular supplies. These are the extra things I tend to buy: Dishwasher Soap, Laundry Soap, Hand Soap, Kitchen Trash Bags, Napkins, Toilet Paper, Tissues, and Paper Towels.Done
  • Continue working on Christmas cards.
  • Assemble Christmas cookie dry mixes. Done

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We had all gotten new towels except him, so now we're set. Perfect timing because my linen closet is a mess. One of those shelves is where we also keep extra bathroom stuff and i can't find squat, so I might even do that today to get it out of the way.

That sounds like our situation. I've used those stackable clear shoe boxes and wire shelves to help out with the extra bathroom things but with seven of us, it still can get messy.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Here are my tasks for the week:

Household Checklist:

wash bathroom walls - DONE
clean fan - DONE
clean light fixture - DONE
clean out linen closet - DONE

Holiday Prep Checklist:

check dates on all bathroom basics
restock bathroom basics
take down Fall/Thanksgiving decorations - DONE
decorate for Halloween - DONE

Last edited:

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
im cleaning my bedroom and guest room today. will put christmas quilt on the bed in the guest room.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Funny -- I have had houseguests and I picked up one of my towels out of the laundry and said "That's it. New towels this week"! That's before I realized it was bedding and bath week! :)

Currently tearing apart all of our storage spaces and rearranging by category so ALL Christmas in one place, all camping in one place, all travel gear in one place. So the house is currently a complete disaster!

Cabinet guys came yesterday and among the small order are two cabinets because I currently have no cabinets for bedding and bath storage! Should arrive in 4-6 weeks. I currently put them in the rooms nearest their use -- which is good but some bath storage would sure be nice.

More later!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Me too Cindlouwho...bought the towels at Costco and it fit..lol Timing is everything!
I did get my hallway closet cleared out. Now I'll do the little cabinets in the actual bathroom and see if I can get my hubby to go through his stuff as well.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
CEO must have been "thinking" when she picked this week as Bedding and Bath Week! Very timely for all of us! LOL!

New flannel sheets yesterday for DS who needed an update for his Big Boy bed (now that he's bigger than me). Very sophisticated blue plaid and he loves them. Got the new grey plaid flannel sheets from Costco for the Master since ours finally disintegrated last winter. Not sure how I feel about the grey and cream together, but the other ones were just a flat cold grey. Have you all seen it? Maybe I need to buy elsewhere. I don't like my sheets too busy, I prefer patterns only in pillows. Too much pattern on my bed makes my head hurt. I've learned this about myself over the years. My brain has to look at everything and it gets tired, so in my room I prefer solid colors but with texture. Zen. In fact, I'm working on the bedroom now also. Found a new drywall guy who is coming to give me a bid next week. Now I'm going to have to decide how much I'm going to do during the season. I do not want to get the house torn apart or get myself stressed out. Trying to keep the projects contained within their respective spaces. Will see how this goes. Still thinking how I want to handle all this. November is fast approaching.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Not sure how I feel about the grey and cream together, but the other ones were just a flat cold grey. Have you all seen it?

Can you buy both sets and mix them? For instance, you would have a plaid fitted sheet with a grey top sheet and vice versa. I have done that before and it helps me.

Found a new drywall guy who is coming to give me a bid next week. Now I'm going to have to decide how much I'm going to do during the season. I do not want to get the house torn apart or get myself stressed out.

Just throwing out a thought - If do have the drywall guy do the work before Christmas, you may want to find a spot that won't be torn apart and make it relaxation zone for yourself. I used my bedroom as the place that I could retreat to with a candle, a book, a cup of tea and some pillows.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My bathroom has been scrubbed from top to bottom and I am happy to have that done!!

I started with cleaning the fan, it was disgusting. Now that it is clean, it seems to be running better. I washed all the walls, they really needed it. I will be adding this room to the list to be painted next year. It is a really dark blue/grey color that doesn't look good. The bathroom is long and narrow and it needs a much lighter color to make it look bigger.

Linen cabinet has been cleaned out and organized and I still need to check dates for the bathroom basics and make a list of what needs to be purchased. I will add those tasks to next week's list.

Thanksgiving decorations are down and Halloween decorations are up!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Can you buy both sets and mix them? For instance, you would have a plaid fitted sheet with a grey top sheet and vice versa. I have done that before and it helps me.

Well that is just brilliant! That WOULD help! Will have to think if I need 2 sets but if I buy them separately I'm absolutely going to do that! Much less busy! And good point on the finding quiet space during the construction. I'm already thinking about that. Have decided I'm going to have the sheetrock done in sections, moving much of it to the Spring if I can, because otherwise this is going to be a complete mess. We'll see what he says.

Happy2BeMe -- You are getting things DONE! Inspiring!

*This week we unloaded more into the declutter pile -- which I hope to have cleared by Tuesday.
*Homecoming is a wrap. Went great!
*Cleared out my most troublesome cabinets in the kitchen and am reworking my food storage. Realized my problem is I have several new "regular" items in my kitchen that come in large Costco sized plastic ziplock bags. Its really backing things up onto the counters. Really its both in my fridge and in my pantry. Hauling all my Mason Jars out of the attic and transferring pantry items to jars. Much more orderly! Think I need a rack for them in my main cabinet so I can see them all. Lebeling with Washi Tape -- which is so handy!
*Moved Summer clothes to bins for the winter.
*Hot Spots tackled in 5 min segments so I don't notice it. It has added up over the week.
*A few new recipes incorporated into the mix. Pondering freezer cooking.
*Circled the office several times like a vulture. Sizing it up. Breathing deep. Will attack it tomorrow.