HHP - Week 10 - Cooking Space

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This week on my household to do list:
  • Finish lining cabinet shelves.
  • Declutter drawers.
  • Determine whether to put up hooks for kitchen towels before or after Christmas.

Holiday Prep:
  • Organize recipes.
  • Plan Thanksgiving meal and food prep timeline.
  • Plan what cookies to bake and put dates on calendar for baking.
  • Determine if serving ware or other kitchen items need to be bought.

I hope everyone has a productive week!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Oh this is RIGHT on time! This is what I need to be working on this week. Time to ramp up for Thanksgiving! Will come back and post my checklist!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Mary ~ Looks good!!

Since we are now in November :-O I'm going to have to FOCUS. Moving some list items to the back burner (if I can swing them I will - if not, it can wait til January.)

Kitchen Week:
Organize last year's Gluten Free recipes - spent WAY too much time on this last year when I should have been Christmas shopping. But I was introducing new recipes.
Print out Thanksgiving Menu & food prep timeline.
Ponder my next Freezer Batch Cooking and perhaps Cookie Dough Batch Freezing
Inventory Pantry Supplies for holiday cooking
Buy new Bread Basket
Christmas Shopping time this week with DH.
Christmas Shopping time for just me.

Christmas Card Photo - Wonder if I can pull that off?

Need to catch up:
Wrapping Station - High priority. Half done.
Update calendars & sync iPhones - Okay, just added another phone - for DS. Ugh.
Stocking Stuffers - Need to be finished soon!
Start Christmas Cards -- work on letter.
Gift Closet / Attic -- Finish up.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Hi everyone,

I am checking in from the library.

I have tasks to do this week, now that I have a kitchen!!

Household Checklist Tasks:
- deep clean kitchen
- do a home preparedness check
I am big into being prepared, so I have a huge list of tasks to do in this area

Holiday Prep Checklist:
- print/organize holiday recipes
- plan holiday baking
- work on Christmas cards

Have a great week everyone and will hopefully be able to check in later this week!!

Last edited:

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Hi everyone,

Household Checklist Tasks:
- deep clean kitchen
- do a home preparedness check
I big into being prepared, so I have a huge list of tasks to do in this area

Just realized I didn't do that in October. I always do disaster prep in October when the school does theirs but now we have different schools so that didn't come up. Okay, I'm going to have to check my list. And I just added "Disaster Prep" item to the Christmas list. I like to do one thing every year. Right now i'm working on backing up my computer to a new location that will still be there in case my house and town aren't. That's a good step to be working on -- but I can't eat it. ;) I'm going to start a thread on this.

In other areas, I went through all of my Thanksgiving recipes yesterday. Some need to be re-typed as I scribbled notes all over them last year and edited ingredients. A bit hard to follow in the shape they are in now!

Also put my Halloween recap notes in my notebook for next year.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Howdy!!

I deep cleaned and organized the kitchen this morning. A lot of stuff just got thrown into cupboards as it was coming out of boxes, so I am pleased that there is a lot more flow to my kitchen.

I have gone through my emergency supplies and I have a list of items that need to be replenished and some new items I want to buy. I will go shopping either tonight or tomorrow for them.

Next for me is printing off some new recipes and making my master baking plan and working on cards.

How is everyone doing this week?

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I have my list of baking to do this year and a master list of ingredients needed.

I will get the shopping done for this completed this weekend.

I am hoping to work on cards tonight.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Whew! This was a busier week than I expected. I thought I would be getting things done and checking in more often.

Mel, you're doing great.

Cindylouwho, how'd this week go?

I lined the cabinets in the kitchen and decluttered the drawers. I decided that I'm not going to put pressure on getting the hooks up before Christmas. If it works out, great but if not, I'm okay with that.

I have one official baking day on the calendar. I may put in a night of baking once all the Christmas concerts are done.

Still to do -
  • Organize recipes.
  • Plan Thanksgiving meal and food prep timeline.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Happy2bme ~ It must feel wonderful to get all that stuff into cupboards! :)

HolidayMom ~ Good for you for getting the drawers decluttered. I didn't get to my gadget drawer but I'll catch it later. My remote meat thermometers is creating chaos in there.

This was a good week for me. Lots done - til I had to do some routine blood testing which required cutting coffee for a day. Wow - that shot the day completely and I sat on the couch nursing a serious headache. Time to detox. (And I only have 2 cups per day!)

But all those things that I couldn't get done? Once I took them off my list, I got them all done! Somehow my brain just relaxed and it all came together.

Kitchen Week:
Organize last year's Gluten Free recipes -- Mostly done. Still printing the edits.
Print out Thanksgiving Menu & food prep timeline - Editing.
Ponder next Freezer Batch Cooking & perhaps Cookie Dough Batch Freezing -- Uh huh. Pondering. Want GF Sugar Cookies methinks.
Inventory Pantry Supplies for holiday cooking - Done.
Buy new Bread Basket
Christmas Shopping time this week with DH. - Done.
Christmas Shopping time for just me. -- Done.
Christmas Card Photo - Wonder if I can pull that off? -- Done. Not sure I love it though.

Clothing Shopping for winter wardrobe - Done.
Wrapping Station - DONE!!! :) HAPPY DANCE!!
iPhones up and running ~ Done.
Declutter - Another load in my car ready to go.

Need to catch up:
Update calendars & sync iPhones - Got DH's 2016 work calendar this week.
Stocking Stuffers - Need to be finished soon!
Start Christmas Cards -- work on letter.
Gift Closet / Attic -- Finish up. (Worked on this some.)
Medical Paper for my parent's - Decided to assign this mountain as a 5 min Room Rescue (FlyLady style). So 5 min a day. No more. Won't have the time I really need to Marie Kondo it til after the holidays. We'll see how it goes.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I got everything done on my list except buying more propane bottles for the camp stove and heater. I will be going to Walmart on Wednesday and they have the best price, so will stock up then.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Cindylouwho - About that caffeine headache, I drink 2 cups of coffee a day but I brew a half decaf. and half regular pot. Some days I don't feel having coffee but need a pick me up around 2 pm. A cup of tea seems to help. There isn't as much caffeine in tea but just enough to get me through the rest of the afternoon.

Mel - Great job on getting things done on that list.