HHP WEEK 3 - Me & Mine

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Cindylouwho - your decor ideas for your bedroom sound fantastic. I say, give it a try and see how it feels. I bet you will love it and it will feel like a completely different room.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
  • Take down curtains and wash.
  • Clean windows and window sills. Put up electric candles. I always set them to come on in the evenings starting in the fall. Nice warm welcoming home after a day of chaos.
  • Paint. My walls are screaming for a touch-up.
  • Pack up my flip-flops which are scattered all over the closet floor. I bought some baskets from Dollar Tree a few months ago and decorated them with pretty fabric. For got I had them.
  • Vacuum
  • Wipe down furniture
  • Do some laundry.
  • Put away handbags. I have them piled up on a chair. Instead of putting them back in the closet when I switch bags, I put them on the chair. Crazy I know.
  • Same with my jewelry. All over my dresser lol.
  • Buy Christmas cards. I'm hoping to find some really beautiful cards this year.
  • Inventory wrapping supplies. I remember picking up wrapping paper last year. Just need to find where I put them. I know I need bags for the gift baskets I'm putting together this year.
  • Add a few more gifts to the gift closet.

X Curtains washed and rehung
X Windows cleaned
Paint. Still not done. It's still pretty warm out. I'm waiting for a day when I can open the windows and turn off the AC.
X Handbags put back on closet shelf
X Flip-flops stored neatly in bins
X Jewelry put away
Purchase Christmas cards. No Christmas cards bought yet.

Checking wrapping supplies. Actually forgot about that.
Add a few more gifts to the closet. Kind of did some shopping for me instead. Teehee :D. Will go out middle of the week.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Cindylouwho - Maybe you could find a quote on "time," print it off on neat paper using a nice font, stick it in a picture frame and place it by the clock.

I like old things too. I have a thing for books especially children's picture books. I use the children's holiday books for decorating. I also like buying old hardcover books in colors to decorate.

Aggy - Sounds like you had fun shopping for yourself. :)

I just didn't get to everything this past week so I'll carry it over to this week.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I fell a bit behind this week, so finally got my wrapping supplies inventoried today. I need tape and ribbon - have put those on the shopping list.

Other than the Christmas card exchange here, I don't send out many cards, but I do have my list made.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Cindylouwho - Maybe you could find a quote on "time," print it off on neat paper using a nice font, stick it in a picture frame and place it by the clock.

I like old things too. I have a thing for books especially children's picture books. I use the children's holiday books for decorating. I also like buying old hardcover books in colors to decorate..

Funny you should mention this. I was out and about yesterday and came across a framed pictures of a enlarged book page with a silhouette of an owl with reading glasses on the front of it. Loved it and snapped a photo of it so I could make something similar -- but maybe not an owl).

Tanya -- Your closet is your reading nook? Now I want to see your closet! :) Was looking at mine for the same purpose this week. Have had workmen ALL OVER the house -- there is no hiding from them and I have much to do at home; it's really not an errands week for me. Was considering walling myself into the closet for my own sanity and then started to look at my closet as a possible sanctuary and how I could change things.... Hmmmm..

End of Week 3 Report:

Household Checklist
  • Master Closet -- DONE. Back in order!
  • Master Bedroom -- DONE.
  • Master Bedroom Decor --- Still want a new look. Will take time. Right now on Art.
  • Dust Rafters - and Sills -- Almost DONE.
Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Haul out Christmas Box to inventory my stash -- DONE.
  • Attempt a Christmas Letter - Moves to Week 4.
  • Check that I have enough Mailing Labels and stamps - DONE.
Still to Do
  • Computer restore. -- Nowhere yet. I read up.
  • Fireplace repaired. -- Calls for bids out.
  • Office papers -- Looking better.
  • Wrapping Paper and Supply check -- I forgot this too!

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
Here is my update......
So I finished my bedroom and the dreaded closet. I must say,. the closet does look very nice, I even color coded the hangers! I looked for new curtains, but the ones I liked were sooo expensive, and I just cannot swing that right now. I will keep them on a wish list and maybe I can revisit the thought after the holidays. On to week 4....

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Cindylou,
Im not sure how to post pictures here but I will try to figure it out.
I live in the house that I grew up in. My parents bought it in 1967. When they first bought it, it was a tired, run down beach cottage- but it was pretty much all they could afford at the time. New houses which were very popular back then were beyond their budget. No one was really into renovating back then.

Over the years, it was extended, gutted and renovated- several times in fact! We were left with a small room next to the master bedroom. The room could not be removed as it was structural wall or maybe had a structural beam in it??? Not exactly sure. The room was not ever used as it was to small to be a bedroom and there was already a sun room off the master bedroom. It sat there for years as pretty much dead space. But it did have a window to let in light and fresh air.

After my parents passed away... I had the original door sealed and bricked up and a new one from the bedroom created- so it became my closet, reading nook, dressing area etc....

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
The room was not ever used as it was to small to be a bedroom and there was already a sun room off the master bedroom. It sat there for years...
After my parents passed away... I had the original door sealed and bricked up and a new one from the bedroom created- so it became my closet, reading nook, dressing area etc....

Love this! This is another thread I'm going to have to start. What was the last one I was going to start? Have to go back and check that -- :) We need a thread on Let's Build a Reading Nook. We all need one! I started looking at my attic. Now I'm noticing all these spots appearing as I go through my declutter. Ohmigoodness -- there are all these SPOTS. I'm reshaping my brain to look at the space differently!

(Then I look at my cats lying here -- who would just crawl into whatever I created and put cat hair all over it.) I love my cats -- but is this not SO true? :)