Hi holiday lovers

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

seeking_wonder

MHH Member
Jan 27, 2023
California
Hi all! In the past few years, I have been getting more into doing seasonal/holiday stuff, especially around Christmas. However, despite having an acute sense of different moods going with different seasons, due to a number of issues I struggle with, I am not always ready and and in the right mood when the rest of the world is. Therefore, having people I can discuss holidays with even "off schedule" is something I've been very much looking for. I'm a member of the Christmas sub on Reddit, but I have run into technical problems with the site when posting (that for some reason are specific to r/Christmas, I have had no difficulty with any other pages on Reddit), that make it difficult to engage with others there.

I'm living in the San Francisco Bay Area in California--where the changing climate has thrown its own monkey wrench into the holiday rhythm as well. Sometimes Halloween still feels like the end of summer, and by the time it actually feels like Halloween the calendar says it's time for Thanksgiving... Anyway, hope to meet some others here.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Welcome to MHH! Make yourself at home! Check out all the boards and dive right on in. :) If you have any questions, please let us know.

We lived in Hawaii for 4 years so I know exactly what you mean about the climate not matching up with the holidays/seasons. We are now in Missouri and that's where we plan to stay. We are a retired military family, so it's good to be "home".

Reactions: PamelaG

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Welcome! Fellow West Coaster here, just across the Sound from Seattle and I lived in the Sacramento Valley for many years. We discuss holidays especially Christmas year round and have a Rudolph Day celebration where we do something Christmas-y on the 25th of every month.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Welcome, I live in Australia so fully understand about celebrating Christmas when it is hot lol.
I am glad that you found us here, we are a really friendly group and I hope that you will join in.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Hello from LI New York for most of the year but now in Tampa, FL. NY is a super place for Christmas - or anything else!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Welcome, WonderSeeker! I live in north Louisiana, close to the Mississippi River. - about 35 miles if I go southeast; about 60 miles if I go northeast. I understand the confusion of the seasons due to weather. I believe we've run our air conditioner on more Christmases than our heat. Just two nights ago, we had to turn on our air conditioner - at nearly the end of January!

Hope we can help you feel Christmas year round!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
This is a great place to be year around. Lots of great conversations for those who love Christmas!

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Welcome from Northeast NY.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Howdy from FL!!