Hi!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

horsemama

MHH Member
Jun 22, 2011
Hi! I joined up several years ago but fell off somewhere along the way. :rolleyes: Hope to meet some fellow Christmas lovers.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
This is the place for Christmas lovers! Welcome, can you tell us a little about yourself? Married, children, grandchildren, pets, working or retired, interests besides Christmas? I love your member name - horse rider or owner or just love them in general?

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Hello, welcome to the place to love Christmas year round and get lots of good ideas about Christmas!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
<wave> Hello! We love Christmas here! :D

horsemama

MHH Member
Jun 22, 2011
Hi - nice to meet you all!

PamelaG - about my member name (thank you for asking) yes, I love horses! :) I've had a horse for over 20 years. Here's the bad news (sorry) my Tucker had to be put down last New Years Eve. He was 31. Ruined that holiday for me for a while...I may get another but not for a while yet. I'm a widow (3 years now), and my child is my dog. But I'm from a big family and have tons of nephews and nieces (and grand-nieces and nephews) so it's all good. I still work, and I like to sew and quilt. I like old movies and retro tv. I love being outside. I love going up north (Michigan). I'm taking a class in home repair for women next month and I hope to be able to do a couple repairs around the house. I'm slowly remodeling, but nothing expensive, just little things.

How about you?

Reactions: luludou and PamelaG

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Horsemama, hi and welcome. I am so glad that you have decided to join us.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Hi - nice to meet you all!

PamelaG - about my member name (thank you for asking) yes, I love horses! :) I've had a horse for over 20 years. Here's the bad news (sorry) my Tucker had to be put down last New Years Eve. He was 31. Ruined that holiday for me for a while...I may get another but not for a while yet. I'm a widow (3 years now), and my child is my dog. But I'm from a big family and have tons of nephews and nieces (and grand-nieces and nephews) so it's all good. I still work, and I like to sew and quilt. I like old movies and retro tv. I love being outside. I love going up north (Michigan). I'm taking a class in home repair for women next month and I hope to be able to do a couple repairs around the house. I'm slowly remodeling, but nothing expensive, just little things.

How about you?
Our daughter is the horse-lover in our family. She rode in 4-H and then on a high school team and in college. She would love to have a horse of her own. My signature line pretty much sums me up - Navy wife, traveling around the United States following my sailor for 24 years now. Big changes in store for our family - my husband is going overseas next year and I'm heading to Washington State to go back to work and be near our daughter while my husband is gone. I love the Pacific Northwest; I don't mind the grey days as I grew up in England so that kind of weather is what I call tea-drinking weather! My only craft skill is scrapbooking, I like old movies and retro TV too, but I'm not so fond of the outside unless the weather is on the cooler side. I've been to Michigan once - stopped in Holland on our way to Mackinaw Island. Kudos to you for the home repair class!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Hello and welcome!

horsemama

MHH Member
Jun 22, 2011
PamelaG- I don't know how I missed your post, but I'm just seeing it now. :oops: Your daughter has been lucky to be around horses growing up. They are amazing animals! Traveling with the Navy...what adventures you must have had. I had a great aunt who was an Air Force wife in her younger days (1940s and 50s). I know they had been stationed in England, but in her older years (when I knew her) she rarely talked about it. One of my brothers lives in Washington state. He was living in Yakima, and I think he moved to the coast, but I can't remember the city..Vancouver, maybe?

Reactions: PamelaG

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Welcome horsemama and Mark. I hope you enjoy the boards and have some interesting conversations with all of us Christmas lovers here. This is such a friendly place