Hippity Hoppity Day-(This Sunday) JANUARY 2015

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
On the first Sunday of every month our wonderful MHH friends designated this day to spend some time on Easter preparations, planning and/or crafting.

In an effort to kick off my HH Year I decided to take a hint from another member Gingerbug and make myself a Hippity Hoppity Tote Bag. While seasonal decorations and such are always put away for the year we can still have this handy tote with our Easter notebook/binder, projects, movies, treats and such that inspire us and bring up our favorite memories of this special day.

My Easter tote bag will have a lot of plastic Easter eggs to fill, Easter fabrics, Easter crochet project, binder, movie, malted eggs and napkins I want to fold like Easter bunnies.

Since this is the next major holiday approaching I've added it to my weekly shopping list as well as 30 minutes each Sunday to do something towards preparing for this special day. That's more than enough time to fill a few eggs, arrange a basket of spring flowers, fold napkins, plan an egg hunt, decide what you'll wear or research a new recipe.

So, what are your plans to celebrate the first Hippity Hoppity Day of 2015 this coming Sunday? You don't have to spend the whole day dedicated to Easter but by spending a little time each month working on your Easter goals over the next 3 months (13 weeks) you'll be ready.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
We've been using a large calendar to help DS (4yr almost 5) count down to Christmas. Almost as soon as he "processed" that Christmas was over he started talking about Easter!

We're working on him understanding THAT countdown now! :)

I think I will spend my time this coming Hippity Hoppity Day looking at Easter craft ideas and deciding which I want to try and start on.

I'm thinking of making some small felt toys for our son's Easter basket. Maybe a wreath too.

And it is never too soon to browse recipe possibilities either. Gives me time to test run anything new!

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
WooHoo, I was cleaning and organizing in my storeroom today and came across this precious ceramic Easter basket that has Hippity Hop written across the front. How appropriate! In my tote bag it went. I also found a Ziploc bag with some really pretty plastic Easter eggs so Sunday I think I'll make sure to have some candy on hand to fill these with. I've also decided to use Washi tape to wrap the centers so that they won't come apart so easily since I'm making these in advance.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
:easterbunny:
Well today was extremely dreary with heavy rains and intermittent power outages so I decided to work on my first 2015 Hippity Hoppity projects. I filled plastic Easter eggs with play jewelry and candy for my granddaughter and started sealing them using Washi tape so they don't come apart so easily. Link to picture: http://magicalholidayhome.com/forum/album.php?albumid=178&pictureid=1228

I then found a beautiful crocheted lace pattern to cover the plastic eggs so I made one of those also. I posted a photo of the crocheted egg cover: http://magicalholidayhome.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=178&pictureid=1226

Last edited:

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
That looks just beautiful.
Easter is not really a decorating event here in Australia- or if it is I have missed it.

Lots of school have Easter Hat Parades- We will do a hat for DS. Other than that it is just lots of chocolate, lots of seafood and hopefully good weather- it is often the last of the really warm weather.

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
You are all such an inspiration-I have really let Easter planning slide the last few years-but need to do better for those grandbabies! I think I will start by looking for something to make for them this year.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Picked up a couple books to put in the kids baskets. Easter is a simple holiday for us since we stopped hosting Easter for extended family. My goal is to pick up something for each of the kids baskets each pay so we are not running around last minute trying to figure out waht to get. They get little candy so we fill their baskets with other goodies.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Minta, I'm trying to stay away from a lot of candy as well. What they do get is the sugar free candy and not much of that either.

My Mom fell in love with my little crocheted egg so I gave it to her. I guess I'll be making more soon.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
The crocheted egg is beautiful! I love it.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Minta, I'm trying to stay away from a lot of candy as well. What they do get is the sugar free candy and not much of that either.

My Mom fell in love with my little crocheted egg so I gave it to her. I guess I'll be making more soon.

My kids get regular candy - small chocolate rabbit and reese pb eggs and they are good about making their candy last a while. (no worries about sugar/candy overdose here)

The crocheted eggs sounds like a wonderful gift to give.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
As Tanya said, we do not traditionally decorate much for easter here.
I have bought each of the kids a throw rug from IKEA for in their Easter bags. They will also get some small chocolate bars and perhaps some lollies. My kids really do not like Easter egg chocolate so we avoid them if we can. Will probably look for a DVD to pop into their bags as well.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Easter

Well, DD22 likes to still hide eggs for DS11 around the living room. And I make up baskets to hide. Last year, we met up with my sis and niece at a all you can eat buffet. It was too CROWDED. We live only an hour and half from each other.