Holiday Crafting

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Princess_Christmas

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Still playing

Clean and paint doll house for niece - Done
Add trim to doll house -Done
Cut out fabric for nieces outfits - Done
Create family ornaments - Personalize ornaments
Create paintings for school projects - Done
Create Christmas tags
Frame painting for school - Done
Paint nieces outfit for school project -Done
Cut out quilt pieces - for nieces quilt
Cut out other bedding pieces - for nieces bedding
Create mask for school - Done
FINISH ALL SCHOOL PROJECTS BEFORE MORE CRAFTING
Finish sewing outfits for niece ~ Add elastics/buttons/snaps and trim threads

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
I got a blanket done yesterday one more to go- plan on doing it this weekend- :haha:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I finished the
prayer shawl for DD#2 and am now making a scarf from the yarn that is left for a friend at church who saw the yarn and fell in love with it. I have also started knitting a baby afghan for which there is no deadline or baby in mind . . . just 'cause.

I'm going to finish the last
whisk tonight. I needed to buy a few more kisses.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
:slap: Wow! All the cool idea's I heard or scene on here makes me want to make more crafts for folks next year. Thanks so much for sharing.
As for me:
I did make some crochet wash/dish cloths and a crochet shrug. :grin:

rose

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Getting there. Just need to hand sew binding onto backs of two quilts. One is half done in that department

To get done by Christmas:
[x]finish quilting quilt top one
[x]baste and quilt second quilt
[x]quilt third quilt-advent wallhanging
[x]make ornaments for advent wallhanging
[x]sew buttons on wallhanging.
[/]put binding on all three quilts
[x]print off Christmas spider stories to go with the spider ornaments
[x]help with the Church country Christmas craft day-preparing craft kits etc (Dec 1st)

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Well, one more thing added to my list! I'm knitting a Christmas stocking for a friend at church (someone new in the family and they'd like a stocking that matches the others). It's intarsia (color stranding/Fair Isle) knitting - not sure if all these terms mean the same thing or what. I've been doing some reading on the internet because I've never done this before. In a few more rows I should be able to tell if I'm doing it right or if I have to go to the yarn shop for some guidance. They are a bit snobby at the yarn shop that's closest to my home, so I'm hesitant to go there. I'm adding this project to my 'CAUSE IT'S CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE because they want to pay me and I just told them to make a donation to a charity of their choice in any amount they like.

Whisks and "last" scarf are DONE!

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
Made my last blanket :D left to do is calendars- will buy ink this weekend so should get them done.

Princess_Christmas

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
I'm still here, completing lots of projects but still have a few to go
Finish doll house for niece
::eek:rnament: Add 'carpet' stickers
::eek:rnament: Add mirror
::eek:rnament: Create doors and install
::eek:rnament: Create beds
Create family ornaments - 4 down, 2 to go
Create Christmas tags -
::eek:rnament: cut out
::eek:rnament: hole punch
Cut out quilt pieces - for nieces quilt - Done until the rest of thbe stuff arrives
Cut out other bedding pieces - Done -until the other pieces come in for nieces bedding
Finish painting for dad

rose

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Updating.

Got my Christmas crafting done for this year :bigsnow:

Now onto the baking, cleaning and wrapping.

To get done by Christmas:
[x]finish quilting quilt top one
[x]baste and quilt second quilt
[x]quilt third quilt-advent wallhanging
[x]make ornaments for advent wallhanging
[x]sew buttons on wallhanging.
[x]put binding on all three quilts
[x]print off Christmas spider stories to go with the spider ornaments
[x]help with the Church country Christmas craft day-preparing craft kits etc (Dec 1s

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
You guys simply AMAZE me...so many great projects....I'm going to try more in 2008.

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! :welcome:

It's been a while since I posted, life rearing it's ugly head<stress> :shock: and my carporal tunnel is so bad I can't crochet & it's a challenge to write! :eek: I tried to crochet my gifts left handed but I'm not fast enough so it's onto gifts in jars & maybe some sewing (on a machine).

CONGRATULATIONS to all you guys have gotten done!!!! I'm quite impressed! :applause:

See you in the UFO challenge

Hagd
Tina

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Scratched the cross stitch until next year. I decided to make my mom a throw blanket instead should be done with it tonight if all goes well.

I also have to make one more fleece blanket which I am going todo as soon as I post this. Also need to cut fabric and attach to smelly jelly's for my sister and SIL's and brothers girlfriend. Then I think and hope I am done. I did pickup some yarn for a scarf for myself I might make that and let one of the kids give it to me. Not sure yet, since this weekend I have a bunch more candy to make for my brothers.

pattycakes

Retire Member
Nov 4, 2007
shutterbugsmd.blogspot.com
I'm finally updating...not much to say, though, as I've been working so much and am so tired when I get home nothing much gets done. At least the hankies are done and will be in the mail tomorrow! One fleece blanket is done and the other will be in the morning--and those too will be in the mail!

You all are such an inspiration!!!! I hope to be more like you next year!!!

3 cross stitched handkerchiefs for uncle--done! :grin:
pajama bottoms for DS12, DS15, DH--bought the patterns
fleece blanket for DBro and his GF--DBro's done! :grin:
Christmas apron for me!--not going to happen :frown:
adding:
at least 4 yo-yo angel pins--1 almost done!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
One more for the DONE! list! Here's the Christmas stocking - one view is before I sewed the back up, so you can see the full pattern. The other is of the grandmother's stocking and new one. The one I did is for the grandmoter's granddaughter-in-law.
http://tinyurl.com/38dseb
http://tinyurl.com/2ucrx6

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
DJ love the stocking.

Well got the fleece blanket done for my stepdad. Started working on the scarf for myself last night. If all goes well I should have it finished tomorrow. Then all I have todo is cover the smelly jelly's and finish up the chocolate baskets for my brothers.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Moving right along . . .

*Pinecone firestarters [For DSonIL] [DONE!]

The Glass Blocks will be [DONE!] today, I hope . . .

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
The stockings are wonderful!
I'm thinking I might try to make a red velvet cape or jumper for DNeice's Cabbage doll-I got it for her birthday in Aug. and the poor thing only has her bathing suit to wear! I'll see how easy it will be-I'm not going to stress about it.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
DJ I just love the light blocks.

How did you do the pinecone firestarters. Would love to have the kids make some for my stepdad for fathers day. A perfect time since he will start spending alot of time at camp after then.