Holiday grand plan 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

rabble

Premiere Member
Jun 19, 2020
Uk
I've created my own hybrid version of the Holiday Grand Plan and House and Holidays over the years. Has anyone else done that? I know some of us have commented about changes we've made because we have less or more rooms in our homes than are in the plans.

I'm excited to get started this year, too. New house...new opportunities!

Yup, I've created a pick n mix version this year. I've also modded the day in which I start it - ive never done well with 'Sunday is the start of the week', so this year I'm going to do it Sat-Friday. Saturday's I'm going to spend reading through stuff/lists/planning in jobs, Sunday is going to be my freezer meal prep day, and then the week ahead will be the cleaning jobs.

You guys... i am so excited lol. Some leaves are already coming off the trees in my part of Earth, and when I spotted them I was

rabble

Premiere Member
Jun 19, 2020
Uk
I was so excited to see her post on the FB page.
My notebook has always been a huge binder. I'm trying to streamline it a bit. Maybe HP size. Am I computer savvy enough to print the pages to HP size? LOL
Someone posted on a Christmas FB page a gorgeous planner. It was at Amazon. I almost bought it, but didn't. Now I cannot find the durn thing.
I'm going to start early in my kitchen. (Early as in tomorrow.) It always takes me so much longer to do the kitchen.
I did a LOT of cleaning in my scrap room recently. It could use a little lovin' these days though. (It made it so much better to scrap in after it had been organized.)

I also have a huge a4 ringbinder. I watched a yt video on xmas planner flipthrough. It was gorgeous! Gave me definitive planner envy

• Haha
Reactions: DecemberisComing

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Saturday's I'm going to spend reading through stuff/lists/planning in jobs, Sunday is going to be my freezer meal prep day, and then the week ahead will be the cleaning jobs.

I like this idea. Sundays are pretty busy for us because we have Sunday school and church from 9:30- noon in the morning, lunch, nap (when we can), Discipleship Training and church from 5:00-7:00. Not much extra time on Sundays. I sort of throw in freezer meal prep days whenever I have time. I do what I call "double batch" cooking frequently where I simply make twice the amount of whatever I'm preparing for one of our regular meals and freeze the second portion. I've always lived by the principle that it doesn't get my kitchen any more dirty to cook twice the amount than to cook only one portion, so since I'm doing it anyway...just make more.

Last edited:
Reactions: rabble

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Someone posted on a Christmas FB page a gorgeous planner. It was at Amazon. I almost bought it, but didn't. Now I cannot find the durn thing.
Here it is:

I always have to save things like that on Facebook or I'll never find them again. I'm intrigued too, I have some Amazon rewards, may just put them to use on this to see what it's like since there was no preview.

Reactions: Lolwlias

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
ive never done well with 'Sunday is the start of the week',
I do most of my work on Fridays as it is the least busy day for me. If I need a bit more time I can then use Saturday,

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
You wouldn't still have a link would you? Would love to see that!

I too often start on Friday and/or Saturday! :) Just seems to flow better for me!
I'd love to see the flipthrough as well @rabble.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
It looks like she had alot of plans for retirment this year that were put on hold like everything else in life. So why not!? I always wonder whys he just doesn't let someone else take over?

Reactions: PamelaG

rabble

Premiere Member
Jun 19, 2020
Uk
I've only just seen these comments. I have no idea who the youtuber was, but I'll have another look and link if I can find her

rabble

Premiere Member
Jun 19, 2020
Uk
Alright, I cant link for somereason, but the one I like is by ww designs and the video is called flip through of my christmas planner.

There's actually quite a few by other people that I want to watch too... but the one mentioned above, I just like how simple it is. It's very christmassy without being tacky and ott

Reactions: PamelaG

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Alright, I cant link for somereason, but the one I like is by ww designs and the video is called flip through of my christmas planner.

There's actually quite a few by other people that I want to watch too... but the one mentioned above, I just like how simple it is. It's very christmassy without being tacky and ott
I'll have to check it out - there always seems to be something new you can learn from watching how others plan.

Reactions: rabble

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have started. It was such a gorgeous day that I started on the porch and entry way. So pleased to get started.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Only the hgp makes cleaning fun haha

I was going to start next week, but i might start tomorrow
LOL, I agree. There has to be something positive in these weird times, who knew it would be housework?

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
I went to print out my HGP printables and was surprised to see the Organized home site open again.
I was also surprised to see the updated calendar. I thought she was going to shut it all down? i'm so happy it's still up. I need to get to printing ASAP!

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Am I the only one who do rooms etc in a different order than the list?
I trend to do the front porch/outdoor area cleaning closer to the beginning of fall when the summer flowers are starting to die back. Than another cleaning around Canadian thanksgiving weekend to remove the last of the summer and fall flowers, leave racking etc, final outdoor window cleaning and patio furniture gets put away.

My plans for this week is the basement:
(X)go through past magazines and see what I still want to keep and what can go
(X)go through toy box—grandkids are getting older so some of the toys can go
(X)go through gift tote and see which ones need boxes
(X)check to see what I have in gift boxes, bags, paper, tape etc and make list if what is needed.
(X)wipe down shelves that will hold baking supplies etc for the holidays
(X)remove cobwebs
(X)sweep floor
(X)does furnace filter need to be changed?—not yet
(X)wipe down washer and dryer
(X)tidy area under/around sink in basement
(X)sweep/wash stairs to basement

Last edited:
Reactions: rabble and luludou

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Rose, I too change some things around.... Outside waiting for Fall to be closer and my bedroom closet gets changed when I change for winter clothing.

rabble

Premiere Member
Jun 19, 2020
Uk
Am I the only one who do rooms etc in a different order than the list?
I trend to do the front porch/outdoor area cleaning closer to the beginning of fall when the summer flowers are starting to die back. Than another cleaning around Canadian thanksgiving weekend to remove the last of the summer and fall flowers, leave racking etc, final outdoor window cleaning and patio furniture gets put away.

My plans for this week is the basement:
()go through past magazines and see what I still want to keep and what can go
()go through toy box—grandkids are getting older so some of the toys can go
()go through gift tote and see which ones need boxes
()check to see what I have in gift boxes, bags, paper, tape etc and make list if what is needed.
()wipe down shelves that will hold baking supplies etc for the holidays
()remove cobwebs
()sweep floor
()does furnace filter need to be changed?
()wipe down washer and dryer
()tidy area under/around sink in basement
()sweep/wash stairs to basement
I do things differently. I have a tiny house, so no spare bedrooms to consider, definitely no sweeping front porches in England!
I don't start until this Saturday, and I have several maintenance weeks towards December

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I do things out of order. I am not cleaning in the garage in November as it’s too cold. I don’t have as many room either so some weeks are dedicated to yard work because of the 3 large maple trees surrounding my house. The porch is done a little later when I am decorating for fall and flower beds are ready to be cleaned up. I will put some potted mums out then. So yes I do change things to my liking. What he plan keeps me focused.