Holiday Grand Plan 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Rebecca, Thank you for the info!

We have been busy here cleaning and sanitizing this house. My husband, while he is alway a great help, has been amazing the last 2 weeks. I am still wearing out quickly from what ever I had in July so he has has been working along side of me, doing things I would normally do without help.
What is done: back hall/ entry way, laundry room, main floor bath, dining room, living room, front hall/ entry way, office, master bedroom and master bath. All the furniture is polished. Summer is put away and the house is decorated for fall. Batteries are changed in the smoke detectors since he was on the ladder for the light fixtures. Gifts are all wrapped except for the grocery type boxes for my son and gift baskets.
My plans for the next 2 weeks is to freeze some tomatoes and work on freezer meals. We used all the meals I had while we were sick and I am lost with out them. My husband is happy I’m cooking, he said I wore him out and he needs a break from cleaning.

Holiday Grand Plan

MHH Member
Apr 2, 2022
Centralia, IL
So glad you have help Myron's Mom! Nice to get things cleaned and not having to do it yourself is a bonus. Have fun with the freezer meals I really love having a fully stocked freezer I can just pull a meal out of too.

I am really excited to get this round of the HGP off to a good start. We have been building a new kitchen and had all the electrical wire replaced in our house so lots of construction dust to clear away, plus I'm looking forward to polishing up all the woodwork in the house and making it gleam. Plus looking forward to cooler weather and decorating my porch for fall.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Tomorrow is the day I start. Can I tell you I am just a little excited!

Holiday Grand Plan

MHH Member
Apr 2, 2022
Centralia, IL
Have fun Sweetpumpkinpye! I will actually get a late start myself since I will be on the road on Sunday and won't get to start officially until Sunday evening. I have my post set up to post automatically though so no one else will have to wait and all the printouts printed :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Was a stunning day yesterday so got a start on this years HGP. Front porch for us is small so I also include the front of the garage, the driveway and I clean the letter box. I spray the inside with insect repellent to deter the bugs.
Took the screens off the front 2 windows and gave them a good clean.
First day done and I was so happy to be started, it means Spring and more importantly Christmas is on it's way.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
My plan for this week is my office. The closet is filled with Stuff! A lot of it is Christmas so I may wrap some gifts. I just went through it with but I was not ruthless enough, I will do it again and hope to really move stuff out. I also want to do my file cabinets. This room may take most of the week to get done if I want to declutter. I am on a keep what you need and not the "just in case". I did that in the Living room and got rid of more than I thought I would which was fine by me. As I sit here ideas are forming as to what I can do to improve the room.

Reactions: HouseElf

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
As I sit here ideas are forming as to what I can do to improve the room.
I have an area in my planner where I jot ideas down. I too am thinking about what I can get rid of. I need to really start moving things out.

Reactions: HouseElf

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
It’s playing with produce week here. Froze a little corn today. Will freeze tomatoes this week and make some plum butter. After that’s done I can finish cleaning my kitchen. I’ve been tackling drawers and cupboards when I have some time. Still working on making Christmas cards. Have a bunch of freezer meals tucked away.

Reactions: HouseElf and jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Have a bunch of freezer meals tucked away.
his is something that I need to do sooner rather than later. We eat differently in the Summer so will need to finish off the soups etc that are in the freezer and stock up with more Summer type foods.

Reactions: HouseElf and jampss

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Excited to get started as well. For me it's Kitchen week. My schedule allowed alot more attention this week, so I picked the room that needs alot more attention. I'm getting new appliances in a couple weeks, so today I cleared all the vases off the top of my fridge and have them in the dishwasher at the moment, when they are dry in the am I'll get them packed away until I have a new home for them. That may be awhile, but it's not like I'm using flower vases every week, so I probably won't miss them much. I wish I got flowers more often..lol, but Valentines Day, Mother's Day, and Birthdays and Anniversary are all next year so I think I'm good. haha I also just remembered I removed all the magnets. That will be a change having a stainless steel fridge and not having any magnets on my fridge. I happen to have a big giant magnet sheet I got from Ikea for another project and never used, so I guess I'll hang that up and use it somewhere to display my travel magnets and things I want to clip up like coupons or notepads.

Lastly, I deep cleaned my microwave. I'm good at wiping it down normally, but I never look UP on the ceiling portion and it was rather dirty. But it's all good to go now and sparkling. I figure I'll be giving it away when the new one comes and I don't want it to be gross.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I plan to work in the office today and the rest of the week. I start with unloading the the closet of 'just in case' stuff and see if move things out. I am such a penny pincher that I find I save to much packaging. Also there are a lot of ragged file folders and hanging files that should be tossed. Will see how well I do.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Just wondering if there is going to be a weekly thread for HGP this year. It kind of kept me on track in years past.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Front porch... uh... no not this week... they are presently redoing the dirt in front of the house... maybe next week? when all is finished out there... I'll be glad when that is over.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I started a post for this week. I hope haven’t stepped on any toes. I’m happy to start us off each week. But if there is any one out there that wants to start the weeks off feel free to jump in.
I was wondering the same, which is why I held off on posting. Thanks! If I'm up early, I may jump in.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I started a post for this week. I hope haven’t stepped on any toes. I’m happy to start us off each week. But if there is any one out there that wants to start the weeks off feel free to jump in.
Thanks MM for getting us started, wonderful!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Still in the office. Very slow going since I spent 2 days with my son. Hard to get motivated. Aim is the walls and windows today and hopefully the floor. Closet and file cabinets will be 15 mins at a time projects.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Just saw this on a Holiday Grand Planners FB page ...

1662381716752.png

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
jampss, I saw that too and though how perfect it was.