Holiday Grand Plan Week 16 Maintenance

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Week Sixteen of the Holiday Grand Plan should see holiday preparations coming to an end--and a clean and organized home, ready for the celebration.

In holiday prep, we'll decorate the Christmas tree--and make life easy by using some of our freezer meals!

Are we having fun yet? Only minimum maintenance needed this week as we bring preparations to the finish and enjoy the holiday.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
This week I will be mixing my doughs for cookies (5 different cookies) and putting it in the freezer to bake the week of New Years as we will have family for Christmas then.
I will also make Chex mix, Rice Crispy treats, dip GF Oreos and orange and cherry slices in white and chocolate melting wafers.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am glad that I followed through with the HGP this year. I am in a good place. Am needed at work for 4 days this week so am ready for that. Can you believe that the end of next week is Christmas?

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
It seemed the weeks were dragging for awhile but yikes!!! It’s almost here.

I need to touch up the bathrooms. The kitchen floor needs done but not until my husband is done tracking mud in.

I’ll do Chex mix later in the week. Will start moving all the gifts to the office too.

I think we are in a good place too. Time to sit back, relax and enjoy the season.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I was ready early... and now that we are approaching what was left... is still to do! geez why did I stop getting ready at 3/4 of the way?

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Decided we needed to get all the gifts moved to the office on the main floor today. It used to be we would move the gifts directly under the tree from the basement and upstairs. It’s exhausting after a busy Christmas Eve. So now they are put in the office a few days before. We both have massages the end of the week and I don’t want to mess up the effects of that!

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I followed the HGP plan far more closely and longer than ever before (and I've been doing it for 15+(????) years. And, I'm in a far better place than I've been before. Still have a few items to pick up and one package to ship, but that will be taken care of this week. The biggest issue is if I'm hosting Christmas or just bringing a side dish or two -- either way, the only things I'll need to get at the grocery store is the ham, dinner rolls, and fresh salad blend. Gift wrapping will take up the most time, but I can spread it out over a couple of days. Received notice today that one item is on back-order (indefinitely). Will look for the item elsewhere and, if I can't find it, I'll put a picture of it in a box and wrap it, letting the recipient know that it's on back-order. Other than that, I'm ready to go!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Touch up cleaning is done. Last of the gifts delivered today. Had to stop to get mini pretzels for the Chex mix. I swear I bought some?????? Husband can’t remember if he ate them or not.
can’t believe Christmas is almost here.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I did really well with HGP this year so will be making notes in the planner for 2022.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The plan keeps me organized and on track. I have family and friends who roll their eyes at me. That’s OK though because I’m not stressed, grumpy and tired for the holidays.
So true. I no longer take note of what others think. This works for me so I will continue.