Holiday Magic Dec. 5th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I hope your holiday planning is coming together. Seems there is always something to do...we can't be perfect remember!! So there comes a time to say..."ok I'm done!" even if everything is NOT exactly as you envisioined.

Holidays are imperfect ...just like life, and just like us humans...in this world perfect is something often strived for and really NEVER achieved....perfect to you...may not be perfect to someone else...

So let's LOVE our Christmas season...with all it's imperfections....with all the cookies that don't turn out as we hoped, with all the gifts hastily wrapped and not picture perfect, with a house that maybe has dust...(and laundry waiting) .....for really does that REALLY MATTER?

The joy of Christmas is in the celebration of love and peace....the celebration of a promise....of joy to the world...and the belief that there is a never ending story....that someone (God) so loved the world that he gave us something magical....a Son.....

Christmas both secular and religious is about love, peace, hope, and someone giving of themselves to make others happy....SO forget about the perfect tree....spend some time with someone...give of yourself...your smiles, your laughter, your attention....

festivefun

Retire Member
Feb 25, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Christmas both secular and religious is about love, peace, hope, and someone giving of themselves to make others happy....SO forget about the perfect tree....spend some time with someone...give of yourself...your smiles, your laughter, your attention....

Absolutely correct Ginger, as someone who celebrates Christmas with all her heart but in a secular way, I believe whole heartedly that it is still about love, peace and hope. I think your words are beautiful. Thank you.