Holiday Notebook Challenge - Week 4! Cards/Addresses

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

zchristy

Santa's Elves
Hello ladies. Hope you're having much success getting your sections together.

This week, I'm focusing on the Christmas Cards/Address book section

This section can be tedious - It's easy to let this section get into a mess. :slap:

So this week is the time to go through it and make it stream-lined.

~ First, inventory your cards. Do you make your own? Make sure you mark what you paid in supplies in your budget section and inventory your supplies.

Did you buy cards? Do an inventory of what you have that can be used next year. If you have a theme for your card this christmas, start researching supplies or card companies well in advance.

~ Do you do a family letter? It would be handy to keep copies from year to year and have a place to make notes, stash photos etc for this year's letter.

~ Names. Time to update your info. First, look at your list with a critical eye. Any names you want to eliminate?

Did Aunt Tammy's card come back with an incorrect address? Now's the time to e-mail or phone family and friends and make sure your list is up to date. Mark names of people you know are moving in the months ahead, so you can update them once they are settled.

OC Christmas card form: http://organizedchristmas.com/printable ... -card-list

Any others tasks or advice you can lend, be sure to post.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
This will be a good week for me. I have inventoried my cards and now I just need to make sure all addresses are up to date. I think I have a few names of people to take off my Christmas card list, so I will do that too.

Have a great week everyone,

Melanie

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
This is something I do need to do....hopefully I can accomplish it!!!

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I've been wanting to get my card list on the computer, so I will try and do that this week.

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
I have a couple of envelopes from cards of addreses I need to update- I just keep setting them aside- this week I will get them updated in book and toss the clutter:)

chick1

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Well that's an easy one for me... I did it all before Christmas and checked the adresses as soon as I received cards.

So.... Done!

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Our computer crashed and my husband is building a new one. Luckily, the other night he got it working just long enough for us to burn all of our photos and for me to retrieve our Christmas cards list....phew!

dejavu

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
Chicago suburbs, Illinois
This is the time of year when I go through my whole address book and redo it for the new year. I update incorrect addressses, remove deceased relatives (you know you're getting old when....), add new friends, etc. I have my address book in a spreadsheet so once everyone is up to date, I print address labels for this year's Christmas cards and then print a second set with phone numbers and put the labels in a new address book for the drawer next to the phone. I just finished my new phone/address book yesterday and I love how it looks when it's new. No scribbled in names/addresses/phone numbers, just perfect labels. It only stays this way for a month or two until someone new enters our life and must be added to the book!!

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I also did this when I took down my Christmas cards... so I'm all done too!

:shamrock:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have all my cards in my Rudy Basket now. All together and in one place, makes it easy.

I print out address labels for my Christmas cards. When I send out my cards I print these addresses out on regular paper instead of the label paper. This helps me know:
1. to whom I sent cards
2. who sent me a card, I put a check mark next to their address
3. I note any address changes
4. I know how many cards I need and
5. I have a hard copy in case of a computer problem.

During the year if someone's address changes I just update their address on my computer right on my label page. This way it stays current (or does if they tell me their address changed, lol).

I use the template on the Avery site that goes with my address labels to keep track of the addresses.
http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=software.BlankTPLProductSKU&catalogcode=WEB01&softwarecode=12003