Holiday Recipe Notebook ~ 1/20/2008 ~ Super Bowl

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register
It is that time of year again. Are you ready for some Foot Ball? Or some really funny and creative commercials? Super Bowl XLIIis almost here! Personally....I love the food, the beer and the commercials. I could care less about the game!!

If you are looking for interesting tidbits to amazing your guest with....here is the History of the Super Bowl.

More Links:

CNN Super Bowl Food Central

Super Bowl Party Recipes

Fabulous Super Bowl Food

I'll be back a little later to post some recipes....I'm off to buy a big screen TV for the big day!!

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
My DH will be so jealsous of you, Connie!!!

I make this nearly every Sunday for football.

Buffalo Chicken Dip

1 c cooked chicken, shredded (or canned chicken)
6-8 Tbsp Frank's Hot Sauce
8 oz cream cheese, cut in 1" chunks
1/2 c ranch dressing
1/2 c shredded cheddar (Monterey Jack is good too)

Place chicken and hot sauce in pan and heat through. Add cream cheese and dressing; stir until blended. Add shredded cheese; stir until melted. Serve with Fritos Scoops or crackers.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
We alway have chili. A few years ago I started making this healthier version in addition to our regular ground beef chili.

Vegetarian Chili

Makes 10-12 servings

3 c chopped onion
4 large cloves of garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
4 medium carrots, chopped
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp oregano
2 Tbspchili powder
4 cans diced tomatoes
2 c V8 juice
4 cans pinto beans, drained
2 medium zucchini, chopped
2 c corn

Cook the onion, garlic, bell pepper, and carrots in olive oil until crisp-tender. Add all seasonings and cook 1-2 minutes. Add tomatoes, V8, and beans; simmer 20 minutes. Add zucchini and corn and heat 10 minutes.

Scarlett

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
What a great thread. I need to start a notebook for football recipes - not just Superbowl but also for tailgating in the fall. Cannot wait to try the buffalo chicken dip. It sounds soooo good, but my thighs will not thank you come June! LOL.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I have my Super Bowl section set up in my notebook....I want to print some of the info in the links and include it in the section also...then My Holiday Recipes Notebook will have not only recipes but interesting stuff about each holiday....I often like to create trivia games to use for a little attendance prize at events I host and all this info will make it easy to organize stuff.

jkbb2

Retire Member
Oct 17, 2007
thanks for sharing the awesome ideas! I can't wait to start planning! thanks for sharing the sites too! :-D

I bought the crockpot that is designed like a football field last year, I don't remember where, anyway I gave it to my brother and when he cleaned his car out at my house he took it out of the trunk and in the garage it still sits. I also bought the football shaped crockpot off of ebay a few months back and after seeing he hasn't used the crockpot I decided not to give it to him!!! I will probably be working for Superbowl Sunday but I can make something in the crockpot and do my best to watch the game while at work on the tv screen if no one is working out that doesn't want to watch the game....lol

GO GIANTS!!!

rockin_granola

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
Go Colts!
www.rockingranola.com
momof4 said:
My DH will be so jealsous of you, Connie!!!

I make this nearly every Sunday for football.

Buffalo Chicken Dip

1 c cooked chicken, shredded (or canned chicken)
6-8 Tbsp Frank's Hot Sauce
8 oz cream cheese, cut in 1" chunks
1/2 c ranch dressing
1/2 c shredded cheddar (Monterey Jack is good too)

Place chicken and hot sauce in pan and heat through. Add cream cheese and dressing; stir until blended. Add shredded cheese; stir until melted. Serve with Fritos Scoops or crackers.

This sounds awesome!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Our youth director and his wife from church are hosting the youth group after church Sunday night to finish watching the game. I've volunteered to bring chips and dip, so this is great! Thanks...still weighing my options-when feeding teenagers, you have to think volume!! I'll let you know what I make! :heartbeat: