Holiday Recipe Notebook ~ Cinco De Mayo Recipes 3/2

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register
Again...I am late to the party. My excuses include ear infections, a baby learning to walk and a out of town husband. I will be better next week!

Cinco De Mayo! I love mexican food of all kinds and I am interested in learning to make tamales so I may give that a go this year.

Here is a link to some great recipes and has the history of Cinco De Mayo.

Here are some great party ideas!

Margaritaville? And Here is a guide to the best Tequila!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Tfs! I added the link to the recipes to my favorites.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Thanks for the links! I LOVE Mexican food! Skimming through the recipes, there are a lot I want to try.

Here is a recipe I make alot. Although I'm sure it's not a true Mexican recipe, it has all the great ingredients & flavors. All of my children loveit too.

Mexican Chicken Casserole
1 lb. boneless chicken, cut in bite size pieces
24 oz. jar of salsa (I only use about 2/3 of the jar)
4 flour tortillas
1 can refried beans
2 c. cooked rice
1 c. shredded cheese, divided (cheddar or Mexican blend)

Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Saute chicken in salsa until cooked through and salsa is no longer watery. place 2 tortillas in bottom of pan. Spread beans over tortillas. Top in order with rice, 1/2 c. of cheese, 2 tortillas, salsa-chicken, and the rest of the cheese. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. This can be put together several hours before popping in the oven - in fact I think it tastes better when I assemble it in the morning and bake it for dinner.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Slowly but surely I am going to be archiving our recipes. I am going to start a few new categories that are seasonal or holiday related...the newest....Cinco de Mayo archive thread... Cinco de Mayo Recipes