Holiday US Postage Stamps 2010

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Hmmmm. I'm sure they will be pretty. I just wish the were a little more Christmasy.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Thanks for sharing...love the simplicity of the pine ones.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Thanks for sharing...love the simplicity of the pine ones.

I do, too, Lisa. Those will be good for the entire winter season, too. Although I've been known to put snowmen stamps on a Mother's day card.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
They are quite pretty. I think I like the pinecones. Australia Post have not issued any information about Christmas stamps for this year yet.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I was thinking the same thing about them not being very christmasy, but we will be able to use them all winter like Kim said. That's nice.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Has there ever been snowman or Santa stamps? I can't ever remember seeing any...but I've only been buying them for so long. :) I would love to see those come out!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
It has been years ago but I remember Santas. One year there was 4 different ones in the seris and they were pretty I thought. I even had stationary from the post office that I got at 75% off with the same pictures, envelopes and then notecards. I am thinking early 90's but that could be off!

StressLess

Retire Member
Jun 4, 2008
Memphis TN
I think I'm on the piecone bandwagon, too. I grew up around huge pine trees so those remind me of home. To think, I was just going to get the forever stamps because I usually don't like the Christmas designs.

Woman

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Fallsington, Pa
2010 Holiday Stamps

Didn't think I would like the pine cones so I ordered the Winter Holiday and Hanukkah stamps tonight-want to get my cards done this week-WOMAN

:dracula:

norskelf

Retire Member
Sep 9, 2010
Rock Hill, SC
They go on sale October 21st and are a "forever" stamp, meaning if stamp prices go up these stamps can still be used.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Yes, heard the same thing, that the pinecone ones are Forever Stamps. I didn't think I'd like them, but I also like that they can be for the entire winter season. I usually get 2 books of the non-religious and 2 books of the religious ones. Marking 10/21 on my calendar...

StressLess

Retire Member
Jun 4, 2008
Memphis TN
Thanks for sharing about the pinecone being forever stamps. That's the only way that I would buy them this year. I really don't like getting stuck with stamps after a hike in price.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Thanks for sharing about the pinecone being forever stamps. That's the only way that I would buy them this year. I really don't like getting stuck with stamps after a hike in price.

I use to make a "Christmas Box" for my mom for Christmas, filled with things she needed. As a Senior, I knew she no longer wanted "things" to have to dust and take care of...it was a hit every year. Anyway, one year I put a coil of 100 stamps in there and sure enough around April they announced a price increase...and of course she hadn't used 100 by then! She had to buy lots of 1 cent stamps!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I was just looking at usps.com (I usually order my stamps online) and I have a question. In addition to this years stamps, they still have last year's....since there is no increase yet...we should still be able to use them right? I like last years Madonna and Sleeping Child a little better than this year's Angel with Lute. Hmmmm.....

Woman

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Fallsington, Pa
Buying stamps by mail is really nice-our post office is always crowded and parking is not that great-they charge $1.00 for mailing them to you-my cards are ready to go- WOMAN

:turkey: