Holly Molly's 2011 Word

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holly Molly

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2010
Small town America
Recover.

In 2010 I lost my DM after a long battle with cancer. My DF and DMIL had open heart surgery within 4 weeks of each other and came here to heal. DF continues to need oversight and someone to advocate for him. I worked two fulltime jobs until mid-December (fortunately both from home with very flexible schedules, but one involved some long days of regional travel). DH finally healed from health issues lingering from 2009 so we did get a chance to drive to see our one daughter and some of the grandchildren a few states away.

After taking care of everyone else things started to fall apart around the edges. I lost touch with my regular routines and planning. We maintained our regular activities, but somewhere along the line I think I lost my enthusiasm for every next day because I was so tired (even when I didn't realize it).

Using 2011 to recover is vital for me. I have already told anyone wanting my services that I won't be accepting a second position until at least June, but most likely not until September. My youngest child will finish her formal homeschooling this year. Now to recover my routines and schedule time to do the relaxing things I love. Because my second jobs are part of a cyclical business this is an "off" year, but 2012 will be huge. I need to figure out how to use the slower years to compensate for the busyness of the hectic years, too, so we don't perpetuate bad habits. (We ate out way to often and got too little exercise.) Of course, we can't tell the future, but it's unlikely that DF, DMIL, and DH will all have another year like this year, either. I miss my mom, but I can look toward honoring her in 2012.

Finally, I need to recover from procrastination. Usually the most demanding thing gets done first, but I have to prioritize by acknowledging that the most time sensitive item may not be the most important and learn to adjust to that.

Molly

Last edited:

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I wish you the best and look forward to following your progress...

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Molly, what a year you have had. I wish that you and you family have a wonderful 2011 and that your dreams and goals come true.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Molly, bless your heart! You have really been thru the fire! We at MHH will be here for you to help in any way we can. We will cheer you along, help you stay on the right path, whatever you need. Tell us; we are here for you. God bless!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Great choice in taking care of YOU this year!

Annie

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Molly - Thanks for sharing with us! I think your word for 2011 sounds just perfect for you. As the others have said, we'll be here with you! Keep checking in!

Holly Molly

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2010
Small town America
I'm looking forward to getting back on track.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Great word. Looking forward to seeing you accomplish what you aim for :)

Holly Molly

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2010
Small town America
Today is day one in my recovery of routines. I always used to write letters and cards on Sunday afternoons for those who had birthdays, illness etc. I just pulled out my master list and am sitting down to do those now.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
what a great idea, they will love to hear from you