Houseworks Holiday Plan 2010

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Last edited:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
aggy...don't make me come over there and slap you :); ...LOL.....my house is a MESS,......but then I have been gone most of the summer....

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Ginger - you made me laugh! I too have a mess of a house. I have been working on things little by little over the summer by I'm by no means "clean and ready to go" like I want to be. Looking forward to 8/29!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
no cleaning for me this summer...I'm ready for the PLAN!!! any plan!!!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Nutcracker-
Look at the very 1st post in this thread by Gingerbug. There is a link where you can view the schedule. It is for 2009 but it lists what will be done in which weeks.

More concrete thread's about the schedule will probably be upcoming in August- as the plan is set to begin August 29th.

Hope this helps!

Annie

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Yay!! I can't wait to get started.

I have something to look forward to besides my kids going back to school!!

Last edited:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
LOL! Is anybody considering doing the "Houseworks Holiday Plan" instead of the "Holiday Grand Plan" this year? The difference is --- I think --- that the Houseworks Holiday Plan adds Christmas Prep to th cleaning/decluttering.

Some of us did (or are doing) the Holiday Grand Plan this spring/summer. I have not done much actual "Christmas prep" though.........

And my home will REALLY benefit from another "going through".

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
SparkleNana-
I'm going to attempt to do both and hopefully some things will intersect.

Of course, it will be Progress, not Perfection I'm going for!

As long as I'm not wrapping on Christmas Eve- I'll be happy!

Annie

PS- I'm going to go look through the 2 plans and see what the differences are

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I am not sure what the difference between the 2 plans is. I have always done the Houseworks Holiday Plan because I love the housework part of it as well as the Christmas prep. If I didn't follow this, my holidays would not be as organized and stress free as they have been all these years.

Annie - would you mind sharing what the difference is when you find out?

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
i have made a notebook that combines the two plans. I hope I can keep up with it. I've also gotten addicted to Clean House, so I have myself convinced that mine is definately "cleanable" and that I'd better start now before I find myself on that show!!!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I think I kind of got this figured out:

The plans are pretty similar- in that by the week of Christmas most cleaning, organizing, cooking will be done so we can ENJOY the holiday!

Holiday Grand Plan:
There is a cleaning area of focus each week. For Ex: Kitchen. So, you would do everything needed to clean the kitchen- top to bottom.
Then there is a check list of things to do that week for Holiday Prep.
For Ex: Make and freeze a meal you will use during the holidays. And: Buy 2 cans or something you will need during the holidays.

Houseworks Holiday Plan:
Goes with the House Works book by Cynthia Townley Ewer (CEO):

This has more specific cleaning/organization themes. For ex: Food Storage Area. Or: Wardrobe week.
So, with this one you wouldn't actually be doing the entire kitchen. You would work on the pantry, fridge, freezer.
It lists page numbers to the book that discuss that particular theme.

It also gives tasks to do that week for Holiday preperation that go with that week's theme.
For ex: During Wardrobe week, your Holiday prep would include: Check family member's holiday clothes- do they need to be dry cleaned, mended, etc. And: Make room in the coat closet for guests coats.

Last edited:

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Last edited:

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
That leads to the question:

What is my style? To be honest, I don't know because I am always trying to do it ALL between November and December.

That's why this year I want to try both and see which one I gravitate towards more.

Should be interesting!

Annie