Houseworks Holiday Plan WEEK 12 -- Dining Space

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SpanishRanch

MHH Member
Sep 3, 2008
SF Bay Area, California
Hi, who will be joining me? This week the focus is on the dining area: decluttering and deep cleaning, then setting a pretty table. (Extra leaves should be added to the table now if they will be required later.) This is also a good time to add a few more freeze-ahead dishes to our collection.

This week's plan, and a more complete description of all of the activities, can be found here: http://organizedchristmas.com/houseworks-holiday-plan/dining-space-week

My personal goals for this week are to:
1) declutter the living room/ dining room area. (I started today and made good progress.)
2) finish putting together an attractive Thanksgiving table -- this includes two small side boards that will be used for drinks & appetizers plus desserts. (I started working on this a few days ago and still have plenty to do. My dining room has never been properly equipped for entertaining, so this task is taking me some time.)
3) Create all of my shopping lists and purchase the nonperishable items, at least. This task is carried over from an earlier time. I found myself a few weeks behind, but fortunately I am starting to catch up.

What are all the rest of you up to?

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Lots of cleaning for me to do in the dining room. I have a few big pieces of furniture that need to be moved and cleaned out and organized. Will be a busy week for me.

:skate: Melanie

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I will be cleaning the DR this week. It doesn't get any use during the year (we use the kitchen to eat) so it has turned into the craft room for me. It's a bit of a mess. I got a jump on it last week taking the last of the yard sale stuff out of there to the attic.
Won't set the table yet I still need the space to craft but need to get it organized for easy clean up next week. Also the glass jars on top of the china hutch need to be washed.