how are you decorating for St Pats?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

itsanewme

MHH Member
Nov 18, 2007
watching Off Kilter
Im keeping out the red bows from the Christmas tree to put back up for Valentines day
Have a few Easter decorations

but whats everyone doing for St Pats day?

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'd like to hear others' ideas, too!
My last home was small and cozy, lending itself well to country decorating. We moved almost two years ago, and my little country doo-dads seem lost and out of place here with the high ceilings and large rooms. I'm having to rethink everything! :leprechaun:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
For some reason i've never really decorated for Valentine's, St. Patricks or Easter, just the major holidays Halloween and Christmas. I think I will this year for Valentine's but probably not St. Patricks or Easter. I'm not a big Easter fan. St. Patrick's Day I don't mind but just have never decorated for it. Looking forward to what everyone else does.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I have never really decorated for St. Patty's day. We have quite a few birthday's in March and that is usually what we celebrate, one on the 17th too, plus another on the 18th. For Valentines day I just decorate my front window with heart clings.

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Was checking my calendar for this year and found that Easter falls the week after St. Patrick's Day this year. Thas's going to put a little crimp in my decorating style, ;-) because I usually like to decorate for one 'major' holiday a month (when I can't get away with just going seasonal). As fun as St. Patrick's Day is, Easter is one of my favorite, meaningful and spiritual holidays so it will more than likely win over! I'll probably decorate for 'Spring', which means fresh and silk plants and flowers, lighter colors, my floral dishes, etc. and just add some holiday accents. I LOVE coffeenut's idea of green pebbles around a white pillar candle!

oimom

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Savannah GA
I need to buy St pat's stuff while I'm still in Savannah(one of 3 largest celebrations in US)

I'll use shamrocks