How are you pampering yourself?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
With the rising cost of EVERYTHING!! how are you Celebrating/Pampering yourself. My BFF just surprised me with a pedicure and manicure- I would love to do this reguarly but too expensive- so what are you doing??

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Tomorrow's my BD but today I went to lunch with my friends from work and when I got back I ate a piece of chocolate! wouhou!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I don't know if this would classify as pampering, but I've been taking Aqau Fit classes 2-3x a week and it's not cheap. So I'm skipping the pedicures I wanted this summer and justifying this as a better option to help me with my goals. I guess that's my way of pampering myself right now considering this crunch we're in.

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
I *try* to take a nap on Sunday afternoons! :haha: Does that count?? :haha:

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Okay, that's the best type of pampering..I'm right there too!! Almost every Sunday I take a nap as well. Sometimes not during the summer, becuase it's too hot, but in winter there is nothing better to do on a cloudy day!!

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
I particularly like taking naps during the Fall when I can open my windows and let the fresh crisp air blow in. I snuggle deep down inside my covers and fall fast asleep.

Wish I could do that this weekend!! :haha:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
There have been some very delicious entries to this thread lately!

I pamper myself by holding the idea of "Christmas in July" in my heart. I take it out often and look at it and think "A Whole Month To Enjoy Things With My Friends On MHH!!! And I Get To Accomplish Things Too!". It is a very happy thought, and makes me feel pampered and fortunate!

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
That's lovely, SparkleNana! I consider this board something that's just for me too! However...
this weekend I'm having a strawberry daiquiri with fresh berries while DH watches over the boys! And I'm sitting down and I don't intend to get up until my glass is empty!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
You know on the 24th when I was at the library and checked out my Christmas and Halloween books, my daughter was embarresed and laughing at me. She's 13, so you have to take that into consideration, but she said "you need to get a life"...I laughed at her and responded with "I'm just keeping the spirit of Christmas alive all year long..What's wrong with that"...and after reading the post above, I guess that's what I'm really doing with all of you. Nothing wrong with keeping that sparkle of excitement going all year long for something you look so forward to. The feeling of Christmas is the MOST amazing thing. I love it..I admit it...So check me into the Christmas help group....Lay me down on the couch...Let me stand up and shout for all to hear....
I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!

or you're all looking more like this.... :confused: :help: :confused: :help: :confused: :help: :confused: :help:

redfairy

Premiere Member
May 23, 2008
Utah
I suffer from depression, so I try to take time for myself at least everyday. I'm lucky my husband is so understanding and encourages me to do so. :applause: So what I usually do is take nap, read a book, scrapbook a page, or go window shopping. Just time for myself, which is definitely pampering myself, lol!

Christysue

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I am going back to work Monday after two months of being laid off. So before I go back to the hot and dirty 10 hour days at the factory I am going to pamper myself this weekend. DS is staying with a friend tonight so I will give myself a home spa evening. I'm thinking bubble bath, facial, manicure and pedicure. I will feel like a woman instead of a machine at least for a little while ;-)

JodyLynn

Retire Member
Jul 18, 2008
I've been trying to take a long leisurely bath on Sunday evenings with candles, etc. (That reminds me, I need some more bath salts!) I don't always get to do it, but it's really when nice when I can.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
ChristySue and JodiLynn -- I feel like every time I come to visit Magical Holiday Home, that I am pampering myself! Don't forget to indulge yourselves here, for a nice visit with all of us who are your friends!

Minnieco - I remember when my daughter was 13. She once lovingly said to her father and me -- "Do you know that everything you have said to me in the last year has been either corny or stupid?" Then she smiled lovingly at us, and walked off. She was NOT being mean - just trying to give us a loving look at ourselves. Every year after she was 13, we seemed to get LESS stupid and less corny. Hang in there! And come here often to be with us.

Redfairy, this is where I pamper myself, day in and day out! Just by visiting and reading posts.