How Did Your Halloween Go

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

goodpace

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Elizabeth City, NC
It was nice.

Even with a few snafus-outside outlet decided not to work so I couldn't hang my Halloween light garland (note to self*call electrician).

Bought WAAAAAAYYYY too much candy!!!!! We only had about 15-20 kids.

You know what went over like hotcakes though? the Wendy's book of coupons for a Free Jr. Frosty! Wow, who woulda thought. I had forgotten all about them and found them in a drawer at last minute. I think we gave a donation at Wendy's one day while getting lunch and bought the coupon book. Might just do that next year and tape one mini candy bar to them!

A treat for now and one for later-works for me! :)

Highlights of the Night:

Trick or treater of the night: a tiny Hello Kitty who asked for a Kleenex because her nose was running in the cold and thanked me for both candy and Kleenex.

Thoughtful Neighbors with warm car: Who picked neighborhood children up at the end of the night who were too tired/cold to walk the rest of the way home. We had our first frost here last night!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Our Halloween was good, less candy than usual, but still good. DD was tired of trick or treating pretty early which surprised me. She has since decided next year she just wants to hand out candy. We encountered alot of porch lights off and alot of people already out of candy. The kids had fun though and got a bucket full of candy each that they won't eat half of probably. We didn't have many trick or treaters after we got home so we still have half a bucket full of candy from that.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
We had a great night. The highlight of our night were two young boys dressed as ninja's and they jumped out at us when we opened the door...very cute. And, their two mom's welcomed us to the neighborhood since we moved in just 4 months ago.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
126 trick or treaters.

A young child kept showing us all the candies he got from differnt houses :) Seeing our nephews & niece was nice too :)
1st time ds's girlfriend gave candies to children (no trick or treaters at their house), so she was happy. I made her wear a witch hat... told her it's a tradition here... you have to be disguised to hand out candy... and it's true too! :)

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
We had severalt trick or treaters here of different ages - starting with little kids with its parents to teenagers. And as far as I know there was no vandalism this year as well. Unfortunately DD (2.5 years old) was afraid of the costumes (especially of the masks) and so the night after was let's say not relaxing for DH and me. Remember: a 2.5 year old lady needs a lot of space in your bed - she had approximately 2/3 of the available space...

Addionally my DS who still needs a little snack during night...

Overall it was ok with me - but in future I will host a little Halloween party as well for my kids.

Chilli

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Not many children, less each year it seems. We had less than 30 kids - I had made treat bags for 75. Good grief Charlie Brown!

My puppy was freaked out by the knocking and yelling - we had removed him to the other side of the house after his first look at a costume almost sent him into a fit.

My boys are too old for the door to door, but did enjoy watching movies and eating the rest of the candy!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
We had between 8 to 12. Lost count when I took DD to DQ since I told her she was toooo old to beg for candy. lol The last few kids got several hands of candy (we stuffed gloves with candy). The rest I'm sending to dh work.

http://queenscardcastle.blogspot.com/2012/10/hello-my-friends-hope-your-monday-is.html

I did hit Walmart up for more makeup. We used the water based on DD this year and I wanted more. I think I have enough now. Missed out on the discount candy, nothing any good was left. Next time I go early in the morning or late Halloween night.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Things were about the same around here this year. We get a good number of little ones from 6 to 7:30, then some older kids till 8a and then the whole neighborhood turns black. People are no fun in my neighborhood. I'm always up, waiting for more kids, go look outside and it looks like my neighbors are all without power. :(

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
We had a fair number of kids including some whose own neighborhoods had postponed Trick or Treating so they came to ours.

It was pretty chilly so the kids didn't stay out as long as they have in some years.

All in all it was fun but I'm ready to move on to the next holidays!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Aggy sorry about your grandma. Hope she is feeling better

Woman

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Fallsington, Pa
No Halloween here in my neighborhood because of storm-my grandsons were able to trick or treat in their neighborhood and then came to our house-we were sitting in the dark with candles and freezing because of heat-were without heat for 5 days-my 5 year old grandson was a robot that his mother made out of cardboard boxes very cute and my 7 year old grandson was a zombie Billy Idol also very good-was not able to bake their Halloween cookies so gave them some fruit snacks but yesterday we got our power back on so I baked the cookies and made them treat bags with lots of cookies and candy-they were very excited about them-it was a hard 5 days without heat but when I saw tv for the first time in almost a week I felt ashamed thinking I was having it bad when all these people in some places like Staton Island have lost everything-we were very blessed with the damage we had trees down and part of the chimmney off-

woman :turkey: