how do you decorate for St Patricks day?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

itsanewme

MHH Member
Nov 18, 2007
watching Off Kilter
sorry just posted this on another board but thought it would be more appropriate over here

How does everyone decorate for St Patricks day?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Many years ago, during another lifetime, my now dead ex-h had the job of putting away the christmas tree. Since it was still up for St Patricks day I covered it with shamrocks. So it had white lights and shamrocks. Very festive looking. So if you are thinking you're not ready to take down your tree..........
:shmaorckstring:

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I usually put some metallic shamrocks int he windows and have shamrock wreathes for the doors. That's about it...we're not Irish. :leprechaun: I don't know how much I'll do since Easter isn't far behind St. Patrick's Day this year.

Lisa

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
No decor but trekking to McDonalds for the Shamrock Shake is a tradition!

VictorianChristmas

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2008
Oregon
I hang this Irish Prayer tile in my kitchen. Then hand a wreath on my front door. My DH buys us a Guiness beer to eat with a baked potatoe. :leprechaun: LOL!

:shmaorckstring:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Cindylouwho said:
No decor but trekking to McDonalds for the Shamrock Shake is a tradition!

I want a Shamrock Shake right now. They are my favorite. Actually I have a copycat recipe for them somewhere on my computer will have to find it and make some this week.

I really don't decorate for St. Patricks day except for window clings in my front window.

Mama It

MHH Member
Oct 16, 2007
I put up a wreath, and the door window clings, and I usually have a green pillar candle in my hurricane lamp. I also change the flag to one for St Patrick's day.
Now I want a shamrock shake.

Mama It :irishkiss:

SmilingSandra

Retire Member
Oct 12, 2007
Saskatoon, SK Canada
I usually just have out more green items than usual. Like green candles and ornaments. I saw a shamrock wreath at Michael's that I might go back and get. But I also noticed that this year St. Patty's falls in the same week as Good Friday. I think I might prefer to decorate for Easter and skip all the green this year just because Easter is so early. Then again you never know what I might decide!