How Do You "Jumpstart" Yourself To Get Busy

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
What has - or has not - worked for you? You know there are only seven months left until Christmas. But sometimes you seem to be "walking under water" or "spinning your wheels". You are running as fast as you can, but you're not sure you're even keeping up. You know you are not getting ahead!

So - what to do? Does a clean break work for you? Getting totally away from everything -- even if its only an afternoon at the public library. Or an evening out on the front porch with your friends, like the women we love to watch on "Desperate Housewives". Does a "clean break" let you return to the routine with renewed energy? Or does it make you feel even further behind?
:santalol:

Pippi

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Tall Corn state
:flower: Plan something, anything......an afternoon w/friends coming over, dinner party, camping trip, etc.

Create a sense of "urgency".......LOL......I always think (now this is gonna sound morbid), what if I dropped over and someone else was left to go through everything and try to figure out what I was thinking......actually, true enough, 'cause that's what happened when my D passed away......complete chaos.......& I was the one left in charge per his wishes.

Wow.....

Have fun, get outside...get some fresh air & recharge....walk as fast as your little body will take you and see how much more energized and focused you feel!

Cheers!
Pippi

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I agree! If I need to get the house cleaned up, I plan a dinner party! Or breakfast or something that gets people to my house. Then I have to get it done!!

Pamelajane

Retire Member
Apr 19, 2008
Hertfordshire.UK.
For me it's just making a start, i know that sounds really obvious but often i feel so overwhelmed that i tend to do nothing, once i take the first step and complete it i find the energy to move on and then there is no stopping me!

Would like to be somewhere in between!!

Pamelajane

jingle-jo

Retire Member
Feb 13, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
For me it is making a list! For some strange and bizzare reason, if I write it down I manage to get things done! A great sense of satisfaction that I have ticked everything off!

On the days when I have had enough, I make the decision to not do anything at that time and not beat myself up about it!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I do better under pressure. Knowing somebody will be coming or whatever. Then at times like it was mentioned above once I start I keep going and then I get the rest of the family invovled. Things really happen then.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I do the major part of my work early in the morning. I tell myself once it's done I will have the whole day to myself. And then I do that. I finish my list and STOP. Just because I've finished early in the morning does not mean I have to fill my whole day with another list. I reward myself by doing things I really enjoy. I've found doing it this way helps me to get more work done.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Cathymac said:
I agree! If I need to get the house cleaned up, I plan a dinner party! Or breakfast or something that gets people to my house. Then I have to get it done!!

LOL that always gets me to clean too! The scariest words for me are when my husband says, "Oh by the way, I invited (so and so) over. They'll be here in about 15 minutes." I try to keep my house 15 minutes away from presentable. hehe