How do you keep the Christmas spirit w/daily chaos?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
ANOTHER great thing about Magical Holiday Home is........ it keeps giving us fresh chances!!!!

During the month of December - if we don't get things done for Christmas -- we go into panic and anxiety and remorse and start beating ourselves up. Here - now - we have PLENTY of time for new chances. If life interferes and we don't something done in May for Christmas..... well, thats life!

So, remember, we're all about happiness and friendship and fun here! Give yourself a break! :flower:

Eaglesax

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Middle Georgia
I can truly understand how you feel. Sometimes your heart isn't in it. I lost both of my parents in less than 2 years, with both being ill for about a year before they passed away. There were times when I just didn't feel like all of the trouble of the extra decorating etc. BUT, like others have said, because I try to "work" on Christmas all year and stay somewhat organized, I went on as usual and I was so happy I did. It was sometimes therapy or at least a distraction, not to mention some normacy in my life. And I wouldn't take anything for proceding as usual for what would turn out to be my Mother's last Christmas (somewhat unexpected). I was so glad that Christmas morning with my family was traditional and not "watered down".

I bought the 'Merry Christmas from Heaven" ornament when my father died, it was just like something he would say, it's the first ornament on my tree...then the memorial one for my Mother. It helps me to remember that we just don't know what tomorrow holds, so we have to make the most of today. Not to mention even my grown sons (22&25) would probably commit me if I didn't decorate sometimes to the extreme!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Eaglesax, I am so glad that you are here - and that you shared this message with us -- and that we can ALL count you as one of our dear friends. You have paid - with your pain - for a very precious lesson. And you have shared that precious lesson with us. It is a wonderful gift you have given us - the wisdom you have bought with the pain of your heart. The things we do here - together -are not idle things. We are creating love and beauty. We are sharing precious gifts with each other. And we, in turn, can give these precious gifts to others.

What wisdom guided Gingerbug to name this place Magical Holiday Home. When we close our eyes, in peace, we can feel the love that stretches around our troubled world. We bring our gifts here, and share them with each other, and in turn, out into the world.

Go in peace, because you are blessed, and loved.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
How is your Christmas spirit doing today? Are you giving yourself treats and fun?

Today, I asked for help. I told my husband that I really wanted to concentrate on cleaning and organizing the kitchen (other name: La Brea Tar Pits) and the bedroom (dumping place for items damaged by toxic tsunamis). He - little angel - said he would pick up something already prepared for dinner!

Now - he also can SEE the condition of the kitchen and the bedroom. He KNOWS there might be some health danger from eating food prepared in that kitchen before it is cleaned. So - I did not waste my request for help. I asked, very politely, at a time that help was most likely to be given.

Sigh. bunnylove

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I understand chaos, it seems to swirl about me.

I found that stepping out of myself, and seeing the joy in the holiday for another, has let me get through some very difficult years.

Music is very important to me, so I take time daily to listen to uplifting music on a solitary walk. We have a walking trail that is my 'spiritual labyrinth', a place I can go daily - plug my iPod in and just follow the path, with each pass along the circle I feel a little more able to handle the stress
:grouphug:

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
SparkleNana said:
How is your Christmas spirit doing today? Are you giving yourself treats and fun?

Today, I asked for help. I told my husband that I really wanted to concentrate on cleaning and organizing the kitchen (other name: La Brea Tar Pits) and the bedroom (dumping place for items damaged by toxic tsunamis). He - little angel - said he would pick up something already prepared for dinner!

Now - he also can SEE the condition of the kitchen and the bedroom. He KNOWS there might be some health danger from eating food prepared in that kitchen before it is cleaned. So - I did not waste my request for help. I asked, very politely, at a time that help was most likely to be given.

Sigh. bunnylove

SparkleNana~ are you at my apartment? No? I thought maybe you might be...ok, if you aren't going to do it for me, I'll have to I guess. :rotflol:

Christmas spirit? It is a concentrated effort sometimes. I pray and ask God not to let Satan rob me of my joy. It will be a bit of a difficult Christmas this year, as I lost my mom in March. Now, both of my parents and my sister and foster sister are all gone. I must think positive thoughts, because of the DG...six of them. I WILL PUT UP MY TREE THIS YEAR. Being organzied will help immensely. And you know what? follow the Golden Rule. Give to others. Isn't that what Christmas is really about....because He gave?

:bigsnow:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
:grouphug: Pam we are all part of your family now! you have a big family for Christmas this year!!