How many are from the old OC?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

catnipper

Retire Member
Jul 25, 2008
I'm glad this site continues to exist as I like message boards. They don't seem to have the security problems like Facebook does.

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
I found the OC site within 6 months of it disbanding.

I think one thing that has changed in the cyberworld that has affected boards like this is people blogging. Many creative, inspired folks who found creative energy on boards like these have now found an audience for their ideas and community for sharing those ideas in the blog-o-sphere.

I came on the boards here when I was single and now I have 2 kids that I homeschool so my time to come here and really "get into" the spirit of posting has gone. I do pop in and read new posts once or twice a week.

Love this place and everyone's ideas and willingness to share in such a positive environment.

goodpace

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Elizabeth City, NC
I was on OC and then found my way here because of people I had chatted with from that group. I think every forum evolves and you go with it or choose not to it's up to the individual. I still think this is a fun site. I always love getting together at the holidays here. I also enjoy looking at members blogs it's great to see their creative ideas at work. I was a lurker for a long time and I don't post often but I'm an avid (make that RABID) reader at Christmastime! LOL

appleton

MHH Member
Nov 7, 2007
I love this thread! Makes me want to jump right in & post, post, post!

I do tend to lurk & read since I'm not very organized or creative. Of course, everyday life also gets in the way of my holiday planning a lot. I'd love to have things more together, but I seem to be stuck in "the last minute rush" each year. Hope this will change for me with 2012!

I love coming to MHH & finding out what others are up to.

Last edited:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I was a charter OC member, as well as a charter member here. I love it here, but I had time issues when I was working..and now that I'm unemployed, I don't have internet at my house. I do have access at my mom's or my brother's but I usually have business to take care of in the time I have to be online, so I'm not here nearly as much as I would like to be. I'm hoping after the first of the year we'll get that situation taken care of.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Hope to see more of you cathymac...we all miss you! :) But I certainly can relate to the time issue....working eats up a lot of time...!

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
I was also a member in old OC and switched then to magicalholidayhome.com
It was (and still is) so great to see many former OC members here and to read about them and their development during the last years! Even if I don't write a lot :)

Chilli

snowqueen

Premiere Member
Nov 1, 2007
Vermont
cathymac - I also miss you on here. I am also from OC. I was a memeber for a long time before it closed the forum. I do miss the format a bit like the way it had the latest postings scrolling on the opening page. that was good to see. I was iceprincess on there but I had problems with this site and had to use a different name after awhile.I miss a lot of people who were on OC. I do wish we could get in touch with them again. I like this site better than any of the others that have developed since the end of the OC forums also. Dorene

mrspaul

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
I am from the old OC Board too - since before 2004. I dont post much at all -- I do home daycare now - well - have been for seven years now - there are times when I have children over 50 hours a week - there also have been times when I had a houseful of children just 30 hours a week total (boy - do I miss those days) - I had had children 50 hours for a few years now - I have my 9 room house to clean -- so much to clean !!! My husband was disabled almost two years ago with a degenerative spinal condition -- seems like there is never enough hours in the day. This morning I did not feel well and got up at 4 instead of 5 -which is why I had some time to come on here and read. I love, love christmas and love this forum. I do wish I had more time to post, read each day.

ellen

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
mrspaul- SO nice to see you post! Maybe MHH can be "your" time. Even if it is for a bit to escape the world and get a taste of Christmas!!!!

Annie

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
I have been a member since 2007, and love love love this website! However, like everyone else, my time just seems so taken up with other things-but I do try to get on here and read the forums, even if I don't have time to post often..I do so enjoy everyone's comments and creativity!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I am also from old OC boards too. Like many others I wish I had the "time" to post as mush as I want too but life is soo busy ... With us both DH and I working full time and we have 2 young kids in school and who are involved in sports activities. I am not on the others boards as much any more either.
This is a great board.. just wish I had more available hours in my days.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I first discovered OC in 2001 although I wasn't a full active member until a year later. I was thankful when this board came to be after the closure of the OC forums.
I probably don't post as much as I should, but I do enjoy reading posts and getting ideas.
Thank you all!!!