How many trees????

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
I have a 7 1/2 ft in my Livingroom
12 in, in my main bathroom
4 ft in my dining room
a real pine tree in my kitchen, I don't know what kind of pine but it is an indoor house plant. This year I think it has grown abt 6 in. So it is maybe 30 inches tall. Last year I decorated it using ornaments of my DGKs take the last 3 years at Santas Northpole outside of Colorado Springs, CO. I may add a peppermint theme to it this year as I do my kitchen in the red/white peppermint.
Then I have 3 3ft trees that go outside of my main door and a spiral one that goes in my front yard.

So, thats 4 indoor and 4 outdoor.

dejavu

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
Chicago suburbs, Illinois
I love this place! Only you gals could make me feel proud instead of sheepish about my tree fetish. :haha:

10' in the back center two-story hallway; 7' in family room; 7' in living room; 3-4' in kitchen; 4' in dining room; 3' in office; 4' in upstairs playroom; 3' in daughter's room; mini trees in boys' rooms; 2 3' trees on either side of front door, outside; 3 real 15' pines in the center of the backyard that I put lights on, though now they are getting much harder to reach. Also several miscellaneous little trees on tabletops, etc. Suprisingly, I don't have a tree for my master bedroom...I think my DH would strangle me if I got another tree (which would then need ornaments and ribbons...).

Ah, I'm still glowing after my summer $5 7' tree purchase at a garage sale.... :party:

qltmrkt

Premiere Member
* I have 7' in living room (with red, cream and grinch green-chartreuse)
* 2' in downstairs bath (with snowmen)
* 3' in boys bedroom (with Clemson orange and purple)
* 4' in master bedroom (with outdoorsey stuff)
* 4' in upstairs landing (with all the leftover ornaments and things the DKids made)
* and an authentic feather tree that will have to find a new home this year. We redecorated the kitchen this past year and the feather tree won't fit where it used to.

The Clemson tree is going to DS23's new apartment this year....now that he has graduated. The outdoorsy tree is going in the boy's room which leaves the master bedroom tree undecorated. I get to do a whole new tree this year !!! Just need to come up with a new theme. I'm thinking something romantic!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
We have always had only one tree. (Well, one other 3' high tree in the guest room.)

This year, I would like to have a second tree in the family room/dining room. we spend a lot of time in this room. And it would be lovely to have the Christmas tree lights on in this room in the evening, while we eat dinner and watch television.

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I have always only ever had 1 tree, and that's in my living room. In the sales last year I did buy a 6' skinny tree to go in my family room, which i'm not sure will be ready by Christmas. We have had our carport demolished and built a new garage in it's place, and the old garage is being converted into a laundry room and a family room, we are currently waiting for electricians before we can start dry lining. The partition is up and the walls are batoned but I think it will be touch and go as to wether it will be ready or not.Fingers crossed...

:frosty:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Snowbelle27 I hope things get finished in time. Keeping my fingers crossed too.

I received an email from Biglots and they have trees in several different colors for a reasonable price.

Christmas Trees

rskeenan

MHH Member
Oct 6, 2008
We always have 2 trees. The big one (on a rotating stand) in the family room with all the different ornaments. and a smaller one in the Living room with just precious moments ornaments on it.

Susan

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
Only one. Our home has been too small to do any more. But now our 6 foot fake won't cut it...we are moving into a new home with cathedral ceilings before the holidays, and it will look like a dwarf. Maybe we'll get a real one this year. :rudolph:

BamaMom

Retire Member
Sep 13, 2008
Anniston, AL
www.slumberpartiesbytif.com
We usually put up 3 or 4. One big one in the living room. A small one in the kitchen. A mini one in our daughters room. That is my favorite part, decorating the tree, and remembering where all the ornaments came from! We don't have any themes yet. But my favorite ornament is the old fashioned glass type! They are sooo pretty!