HP- Week 37

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
It is week 37 of The Happiness Project. This month our theme is: Pursue a Passion. Corresponding reading pgs: 221-234
So far we have aksed, What is your Passion? And last week we worked on: Make Time. This week's Resolution is: Forget About Results. Corresponding reading pages: 230-231.

Gretchen loved to take notes as she read. She used to discourage this act because it took a lot of time to do and seemed pointless and self-indulgent. When she implemented the resolution of forget about results, she took notes without guilt.

Surprisingly, when she gave up the guilt she realized how usefull her notes had been in her career as a writer.

Another example: Someone working on the same old car for years without getting it to run. The joy is in doing the work.

Grechen says, "You can strive for triumph, or you can potter around, tinker, explore, without worrying about efficiency or outcomes."

An atmosphere of growth brings great happiness, but at the same time, happiness sometimes also comes when you're free from the pressure to see much growth.

This Week's Resolution: Forget About Results

This Week's Thought: One thing that makes a passion enjoyable is that you don't have to worry about results.

Share your thoughts, journey, here this week.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm still trying to figure out what I have a passion for and so far I haven't come up with much.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I must have overlooked this posting for this week. I need to go back and read it.