If I ever needed to declutter more...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
...now is the time!! Last week we (finally) emptied our storage unit after 3+ years. These are boxes/bins that I packed up 7 years ago when I moved cross country the first time. 98% of what was in storage was mine (DH had maybe 3 or 4 bins!) and 95% of that is my daughter's.

Our home is small, no idea where it's all going to go. I've been emptying one box at a time and have been able to put stuff in the "yard sale" corner of our spare room. Some of the boxes I'm afraid to open, just by what's marked on the box LOL I have no idea where to put it or how much of it I can pare down.

Of course I became unemployed at the beginning of December and have been home for 6 weeks...have only had this in the house for a week, and I start my new job on Monday!! I need more time!! LOL

I do have a friend coming over on Saturday to help...I hope I can make some good progress!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
If you haven't used it in 7 years you probably do not need or want it. Be ruthless and get rid of it. If it hold sentimental or family history value take a photo and offer it to other family members.

I do have a few boxes still to unpack from our move 9 years ago. Most are ceramic barns that I do not have a place to display. I have been thinking I'll put the Dept 56 ones on eBay and the rest will go to the thrift store.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Nancy,

Here's a story for you:

A friend of my SIL needed to store some boxes - I think it was somewhere between 8-10 boxes. She stored them in a friend's garage. Seven years later, her friend's were moving and emptying out the garage, so they contacted her to come and pick up her boxes. She said that she couldn't remember anything that was in them and therefore the stuff wasn't important and told them to take the boxes to the dump.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Mel, I like that story!

Diedra - would love to see pics of your barn collection. Never heard of a barn collection.

Nancy, just keep on going... every bit counts.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Nancy, I tend to agree. If it has been in boxes for 7 years it is not something that you absolutely need. Maybe bite the bullet and donate it.