Is Anyone Working On Their Notebook OVer Labor Day Weekend?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
How about it, Christmas lovers?

If you are working and/or spending time with family & friends -- have a wonderful long weekend! There are many months left for our preparations together. Enjoy your weekend!

But is anyone hoping to get quality time with their Christmas notebook this weekend? It is my fond wish that I will have lots of precious moments with my notebook this weekend. But first -- routines! I have learned many bitter lessons about what happens if we do not take care of our routines FIRST. :santalol:

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
Sat. we are hoping to stay in and DECLUTTER/ORGANIZE the house and then DECLUTTER/ORGANIZE some more then clean- yeah its that bad right now, I know it won't be completely done but hope to make a dent.

Part of this will be gathering/organizing Christmas gifts and taking stock- so will update gift list in my notebook ;-) .

Sunday we have parade and cookout. :-D

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I do need to tweak my notebooks. I know there are some "departments" that won't apply to me. I live alone in a one bedroom apartment. But I have let things go all summer :frown: , and will be playing catch up and also notebooks. But I can't wait. I am so excited for Christmas this year.

:bigsnow:

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I plan on doing a lot of work on my Christmas notebook this weekend. I need to decide which plan to follow so I can print off all the sheets I need.

dh has to work on Labour Day, so I've got the house to myself.

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
I will be home with the kids this weekend while Dh is out of town working so I hope to be able to squeeze in some one on one with my notebook and be able to do some holiday crafts... ( just bought some stuff at Flower Factory this week to make a really pretty (I hope) Christmas wreath.

Hope everyone has a VERY SAFE AND RELAXING holiday weekend no matter what your plans.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm really hoping to. My son is going to his dad's this weekend so i'll be down to 1 kid. We might go stay the night at my dad's tonight in Columbia but that still leaves 2 1/2 days of the weekend to work on my notebook. I think i'm going to keep mine on the computer this year and see how it works out. But I still need to make the documents and organize everything into OneNote.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Mrs.Soup - your idea of keeping your Christmas notebook on the computer is a GREAT idea! Have I been brain dead all these months? Why didn't I think of that? I am going to rush off and see if I can find something on this in past threads!

Do you think it would matter that I am rrally bad at doing things on the computer? Hmmmm.........

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
There was a thread started by DebbieG about the Microsoft Office program called OneNote. It lets you create as many notebooks as you want and keeps them all separated. You can have multiple tabs in each one for different sections. Very handy indeed!

VeronicaM

Retire Member
Aug 3, 2008
MrsSoup said:
There was a thread started by DebbieG about the Microsoft Office program called OneNote. It lets you create as many notebooks as you want and keeps them all separated. You can have multiple tabs in each one for different sections. Very handy indeed!

ooh cool idea--I wondered if there was a way to keep it on the computer :) I'm off to check out that program! Thanks!

snowowl

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I am hoping I'm wrong, but that MS One Note prog. is $125.00 at least that's what I think I read. I think I will stick to my paper notebook, besides I like all the pretty colors and pictures. I will be working on it over the long weekend, I can't wait to get started. I heard some carols on the radio today, it was a country music station, what that was all about I don't know, it sure was nice though. :bigsnow:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
One Note was on my computer when I bought it, and I created a bunch of notebooks and documents in it...now it won't let me open it. Sigh. If it's not one thing it's another around here!

I have my holiday notebooks in pretty good shape for now-a fall one divided into September, October (with a Halloween party planner included in this section) and November (Thanksgiving section), and then my Christmas notebook is tweaked and ready.

My household notebook, however, needs some help. I've been busy updating school and church notebooks with new school and church years beginning, but the HN has definately suffered neglect! I'll try to get to it on Monday...maybe.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
My computer only had Microsoft Works on it when I bought it so my DH ordered Microsoft Office for me through a military site (needed it for school) and it was extremely cheap and came with OneNote and everything else, however, you have to be in the military to order it. I've heard that it's pretty expensive though.

I am for sure working on mine a little bit while I am at work tonight and tomorrow night. I have emptied all my binders. I printed out the HGP and CC plans and placed in a folder. I will choose which of my binders will house them and set them up. I had already began earlier this year printing out binder pages for other family members to have for next year. I just have to print out the 2009 forms as they are posted for those. I have those cheap binders I can place them in and then they can put them in better binders if they like. I have no real use for the cheap/floppy like binders. I prefer the more solid binders and have purchased many at Goodwill and saved lots of money throughout the year that way. That is actually the section I go to first whenever I enter Goodwill....lol!!! I haven't succeeded yet in getting sheet protectors but I did get the protectors for baseball cards in a binder and another binder with pages of business card protectors also. I found a package of picture protectors for the binders also. I think they hold 4x6 size photos but I haven't set those binders up yet. They will work great in my Recipe Binder. I love Goodwill. Garage Sales too but I don't get to them that often anymore since I moved to Florida.....ugghh Maybe there will be some for the holiday weekend.

Santa_Elf

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Wylie, TX (NE of Dallas)
We are working on cleaning out the garage today. I am hoping to work on my notebook tonigh while every one is watching tv. Then Sunday and Monday I am HOPING to start sorting through a bunch of old Christmas boxes that we found in the garage. They have been hiding in there since we last moved. :slap:

linsey04

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
I will be working on my Christmas notebook and all 3 of my kids birthdays are in the next 13 days...if I could just talk mu husband into getting the fall decor out of the attic!! :grin:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I plan to work on my Christmas & Halloween notebooks this afternoon. Reorganized my gift closet this morning.

Yesterday we worked in DD's freshly painted room and reorganized DS' room too.... man! am I tired!... and I've got the beginning of a cold too! and we have some visitors coming for a few hours tonight... got to think of something in case they get a little bit hungry!

leslie03

Retire Member
Jul 14, 2008
Augusta, GA
I plan on working on mine this weekend. I am also going to use OneNote. I've gotten all the stuff moved over, now I just need to create the forms to use.