Is there a January Monthly Magic?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Sapsorrow

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2010
I've only just begun this year round approach to planning for Christmas, so I'm not sure how things are supposed to go yet, but it does make sense to me to kill two (or more) birds with one stone and plan ahead for all holidays and birthdays at the same time.

Here's my to-do list for my January prep day, I was wondering if anyone could give me feedback:

1. Buy and download "Groundhog Day" for Groundhog Day/Candlemas.
2. Get new printer cartridge and print Valentine's Day cards.
3. Pre-order a dozen heart shaped whoopie pies from bakery for Valentine's Day.
4. Buy February birthdays' birthday gifts and at least one of their Christmas gifts per.
5. Clean out Christmas chest. [Just did that ahead of schedule.]
6. Set up Christmas chest in the closet.
7. Wrap and discretely label all gifts that have arrived.
8. Affix all Christmas card envelopes with return mailing addresses.
9. Address and fill out at least ten Christmas cards.
10. Finish first draft of Christmas short story (which will eventually, along with photos, go in the cards).
11. Buy gift wrap on clearance. [Half has been ordered, half has been delegated.]
12. Buy a round of stocking stuffers.
13. Finish writing up list of Christmas and Thanksgiving crafts, then write list of all supplies needed.
14. Choose Halloween costumes for everyone now, add that to the crafts list (or else they'll never get done on time).
15. Figure out preliminary guest list for Christmas dinner party.
16. Collect traditional cookie recipes for the big bake-a-thon ahead of next December.

Is this too much? Too little? Are there holidays I should be planning further out that I'm not thinking of?

I've started a "notebook," on my computer (which happens to be a notebook, ;)). I'm using my calendar program to organize dates and to-do lists, my address book to organize addresses, backup the dates, and record what I've gotten them already, etc. It's working so far!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Sapsorrow the bar for Rudy Day achievement has not been set too high here! Often, it is having a cup of hot chocolate and watching a Christmas movie. Or -- feeling guilty because you didn't do anything Christmassy at all!

We congratulate ourselves if we accomplish ANYTHING!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Wow! what a list! If you accomplish all that you'll be in good shape for Christmas 2010.