It's August!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
August, last month of Winter, it will still be cold......

*make work lunches for Monday (X) Tuesday (X)
*wash hair ( )
*washing (X)
*fold washing (X)
*vacuum floors ( )
*clean bathrooms (X)
*ironing ( )

*be aware of water intake (/ ) a bit harder as it is cold here
*keep on top of daily routine (/ ) trying hard to get back on track

*start/continue/finish one craft project ( )
*start/continue/finish one book ( )
*books back to library ( )
*update planner( )
*tidy gift closet ( )
*tidy DH cupboards ( )
*meal plan for the coming fortnight ( ) I have ideas...
*mop floor ( )
*DrillDance training plan (X)
*DrillDance training Wednesday (X)
*craft day with Mum Thursday (X)
*Mac the dog to groomer Thursday (X)

*Spring cleaning planning......it starts September,
*check cleaning supplies ( )
*make notes in planner ( )

*start planning Summer stockpile ( )

Last edited:

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
Hello August... u have creeped upon me.
As I sit here ready to go put on my praise. That's exactly what I am gonna do. I can NOT frett cuz I have lost track the last few weeks. With preparing for school. We have dentist apt this week along with our yearly check up on Friday..
Trying to get this custody case on track, not doing so well with that. Doing a bit of home repares the last few weeks.i have grandbabies more & more, for that I do Praise God.
But my schedule, changed my routine of 3 months. So now i am all messed up.if any of u know me. I am an on track mind girl. I like to know what, where & how my weeks r gonna b. So this evening I am taking back what has been robbed of me....lol sort of speaking.

Have a blessed day to all..

Put on the garment of PRAISE. .......

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
August went from not having anything planned on weekends to being away for two weekends. One weekend is just hanging out with the family. The other weekend is a surprise party weekend for my dad. Lots of extra things to add to my list.
  • Grocery Shopping Done
  • Plan Menu.Done
  • Pack for weekend: towels, sleeping bags, chairs, clothes, groceries Done
  • Work on party planning: What is needed? Who is bringing it? What do I need to buy? Done
  • Austen Movie Night: movie, cookies and iced tea Done
  • Clean Bathrooms.
  • Vacuum/Sweep/Dust Mop/Dust 1st and 2nd floor. Done
  • FlyLady: Kitchen
    • Dust top of fan
    • Clean oven.
    • Clean out refrigerator
    • Wipe down cabinets and appliances.
    • Wash floor.
    • Clean Windows.
    • Wipe down trash can. ,
    • Wipe down wall and door jambs
  • Restart Daily Habits for a Happier Me Checklist - I’ve gotten away from it which is okay for the summer when I take on a slower pace. I’d like to get back into the habit of checking things off again so when September starts with school in session, college visits and sports on weekends and the HHP starting, I have the energy to keep up.
  • Pay bills.Done
  • Weed one flower bed. Done
  • Shred Paper. Done
  • Digital Photo Decluttering - 15 mins. a day
  • Work off of Holiday Spruce Up list: Technically, dh and I finished my list from last year. I am so happy! However, you know how that goes sometimes. As soon as you finish one thing, you find another thing to do. LOL!
    • Clean moss off pathway lights. Done
    • Talk to dh about steps to get new light bulbs to replace the ones on the pathway lights that don’t work.Done

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
So this evening I am taking back what has been robbed of me....lol sort of speaking.

Have a blessed day to all..

Put on the garment of PRAISE. .......

I understand trying to regain time and routines. Slow and steady with a lot of grace seems to work.:)

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Let's see what August has to bring...back to school, one step closer to the awesome holidays! Diving headfirst back into a solid routine this week and I can't wait. I love the freedom summer brings and will miss the laxity of it at first i'm sure, but I crave routine and will be happy to get back to it.

Appointments:
[X] Soccer practice (Mon)
[X] Soccer practice (Wed)
[X] Tank Vet (Thu)
[X] Massage (Fri)
[X] National Night Out shift (Fri)
[X] Paint and Sip (Fri)
[X] Soccer games (Sat)

School:
[X] Mentor Call
[ ] Resume
[ ] Study for Math Praxis
[ ] Fingerprints for background check
[X] Finish Week 1, start on Week 2

Chores:
[X] Laundry
[ ] Begin work on filing cabinet (do 15 minutes each day)
[X] Water plants

Health:
[-] [/] [-] [X] [X] [-] [X] Water Intake
[X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] Face Routine
[X] [X] [ ] Workout (walk, weights- just do something)
[ ] [ ] [ ] Smoothie (Had one almost every morning when my mom was here and then stopped when she left, would like to get back to this and try to get DS into it to for the health benefits and nutrients that we're missing)
[X] [X] [-] [X] [X] [X] [X] Gratitude Journal

Other:
[X] Walk the beach for seaglass
[X] Finish current book

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Looks like the school holidays are winding up.
Jess, I am much the same, as much as I like a change in routine I am a girl that likes routine in her day.
Mary, as always an amazing list, I love your Happier me checklist, we should all have one of these.
Dawn Su, hope that you get back on track soon.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I haven't been great this week so far on making time during the day to work on my filing cabinet. This really irritates me because it needs to be done, but I find that i'm lucky to get any schoolwork done. I also have been slacking on water and still haven't gotten 3 workouts or smoothies in. :rolleyes: I was ambitious starting all of these things at once, but y'all know me! I jump right in. Not to mention all the school stuff I haven't touched.

DH is technically off of leave and should be back to work. However, no one bothered to do the paperwork to send him to his new position. He is just floating around right now with no job, which means he is home pretty much all day. I can't work with him at home. He has homework too but he wants to have the TV on while he's working and I can't do that. I need quiet. It's cramping my style.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
A lot of things mot marked off this week. Either have to reassess what goes on my list or actually get off my butt and finish the list.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I didn't get as much done on my list as I had hoped. Flylady got put to the side for the most part. I'll either catch up little by little over the next week or I'll just wait until next month.