It's been a while

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Well that is October done. DH took the whole month off work and although we got a lot of items ticked off the list at the farm (there is still a lot to do) I fell behind here and am now playing catch up. Looking forward to getting back into routine and hopefully having a good run now through to Christmas.

Water throughout day,
Shower/bath at night,
Moisturise,
Brush teeth,
Lip balm,
Hand cream,
Clean kitchen and DW on before bed.
Read and sleep at reasonable time.

Weekly:
*washing (X)(X)
*fold washing (X)
*vacuum floors (X)
*mop floors ( )
*clean bathrooms (X)(X)
*meal plan dinners plus work lunches ( ) Look at pantry freezers for inspiration/ideas.
*clean fridge (X
*tidy pantry ( )
*tidy freezer ( )
*tidy stockpile (X)
*general tidy up (X)
*shopping list (fortnightly) (X) grocery shopping (fortnightly) (X)
*make work lunches for Friday (X)

Fun/ Christmas prep:
*start/continue/finish one craft project ( )
*start/continue/finish one book/magazine (X) Goal for the year is to read 10, I have read 22
*update planner ( )
*tidy gift closet (X)
*continue looking for stocking fillers, gifts and supplies (x) A year round project..I have a lot to buy this year so will need to be savvy.

This week:

*Exercise at least 3 days ( )( )( )
*Connect with family via phone, email or text (X)
*Register for DrillDance season Sunday (X)
*Breakfast with SIL Monday (X)
*Air con service Wednesday (X)
*Continue HGP bathrooms (X)
*Grocery shopping Thursday (X)
*Day trip to farm Saturday ( ) not this week

5 small chores:
Working on HGP this week. Bathrooms....declutter 5 items ( )
*Vacuum car (X)

Project for Winter......Tidy Family History information and complete 1 jigsaw puzzle
Word of the Year: Prepare

Last edited:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Thanks. This is an inspiration! :)

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Glad to see you here! I feel like life is getting busier as the "kids" transition to adulthood. I had all these plans for dh and I to get together with friends over the summer and here we are in the midst of autumn and nothing. Where is this free time people use to tell me about?

Plans are simple since I'm also doing HHP.
  • Pay bills
  • Correspondence
  • Appts: Mon. - Afterschool Pick Up; Wed. - Early Drop off, Afterschool Pick Up; Thursday - Afternoon Meeting; Friday - work event afternoon/evening.
  • Weekly Cleaning: Vacuum, Dust, Mop, Empty trash cans, Bathrooms
  • Monthly Cleaning: Clean and organize Living Room, Dining Room and Front Entrance and Front Porch
  • Yard work: Winterize garden
  • Laundry
  • MMH Recipes
  • Menu Plan
  • HHP

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Glad to see you here! I feel like life is getting busier as the "kids" transition to adulthood. I had all these plans for dh and I to get together with friends over the summer and here we are in the midst of autumn and nothing. Where is this free time people use to tell me about?
I am pleased to be back, I have missed being here.

I totally agree a to where the time is going. I work one day a week which leaves me plenty of time for other activities. This year has been one of constant disruptions and I find am very behind on a lot of things.
My Winter project was to tidy up my family history and to complete a jigsaw puzzle, I did neither so will be a project for another day.
I have so many things that I want to do, family to visit etc. I am jut going to have to find the time to do it.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
How quickly plans can shange. Visited DD yesterday and she asked me to babysit the dogs over the weekend so no farm for me. Not all is lost, DH has some big items to transport so he will take them up in his ute and I will stay here and catch up on HGP.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Yes, my plans changed Monday too! My co-worker had a family emergency that pulled him away from his job this week. He was supposed to run one of our bigger events of the year on Friday night. The extra load fell on me and another co-worker. Just the bare necessities got done around here.