IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

autumnangel

MHH Member
Oct 26, 2007
As usual life with dad has taken over and me time is nil! Have been fighting a variety of rashes, and welts, and excema and decided Saturday I needed to do something for me soooooooooooooooooo brought up my Christmas tree for my room and have been busy working in here. I need a quiet place to get away from the stress of having dad almost full time due to loss of sitters, but also need it to be something that lifts my spirits...and it sooo does. :bigsnow:

My tree is done, except for tree topper...have to find my angel, she must be in a box in my room. Bookshelf is done, mostly and have removed non-Christmas stuff to make room for the more festive things. Will continue working tomorrow, after I clean the house and prepare for company on Thurs. BUT this is something I sooo needed to do for me. :welcome:

I am glad I don't share my room as not sure too many people would be wanting to have Christmas this early. But was chatting with my sis in SC and she too is working on her room. Funny we are born 5 1/2 years apart, but man we are sooo in sync!! :skate:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Good for you!! Sometimes we need to do something just for ourselves and I can't think of anything better than decorating a Christmas tree!!

:snowman: Melanie

We all need definitely need "me" times. This site is the closest I have to that!!! I still have at least one of my boys in my room so I don't have that "personal space" just yet. Right now me and my boys are living with my dad in a small rental house. My dad keeps waiting for the market to hit rock bottom before purchasing a new house-this totally drives me nuts sometimes!!!

I really wish my financial sitution with the ex would get better. That alone requires me to get some ME time....lol I am hoping for a 2008 that answers all my prayers!!

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
Good for you!

As others have mentioned - it's important that each of us take time to be good to ourselves.

Now - each time you pass by your beautiful decorations you can pause, smile, and find joy in seeing all the beauty of the season.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I'm so glad you have a place to retreat to in the midst of chaos. I think your room sounds lovely. I am anxious to do our room, too, but I'm determined to wait until after Thanksgiving here on Saturday the 24th. I hope I can wait!!