It's Fri-YAY, July 24, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Good morning!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Off to the bus and then home to relax (and do laundry!). Went to Home Depot to get my paper refuse bags last night, picked up the Blue Ice thing for the cooler, but no luck on the padded kneeler. Since I was halfway to Whole Foods, decided just to head there instead of going tonight. Picked up a few bits and pieces, cupcake selection was not quite what I wanted as instead of having them in the bakery case, they are now all individually packaged in the cold foods area. The only chocolate option was a vegan one but it looked very chocolaty so I picked it up and hope it's yummy. Knew that it would after 7:00pm by the time I got home so I picked up a piece of pepperoni pizza to go and savored every bite when I got home.

Home Depot didn't have the totes I wanted so I ordered them from Amazon and the LEGO store was taking backorders on the item I wanted so I ordered that too. Will probably take at least 60 days so plenty of time for Christmas. Can't believe I bought what must be the largest set they offer - the Taj Mahal - but I know Sophia and Vic are going to love it and it will definitely keep them busy. There's a special LEGO offer going on until July 26 - spend $100 and get a mini gingerbread house set for free. Looks like it might be left over from last year since I think I could see 2019 on the doormat.

Have a great day, everyone, the weekend (and Rudolph Day) is coming!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Good morning, everyone!

I have a couple of errands to run in what is left of the morning. I really just do not want to go out, but there are also a couple of rummage sales that a few friends are having I want to go to.

Slept pretty well last night. I am always thankful for a good nights sleep.

Well, the thundering herd upstairs sounds like he is gonna come thru the ceiling, so I guess I should get up and dressed. Hope you all have a great day! Stay safe and be blessed!

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Morning all.
Rainy day here, but somehow still nearing 40 with humidity.
I ordered Munchkin Harry Potter version for Dd9 to put away for Christmas. She loves Munchkin and Harry Potter, so hoping it's a favourite for her. I want to have enough put aside that if a second wave hits in the fall I don't get stuck with 6-8 weeks for delivery again and having to wait in a crowded pick-up location to get packages. I had to spend another $15 for free shipping, so I got a few more games to give as Christmas presents. One involves trying to read your teammates minds, which DD7 will love.
I preordered the Harry Potter knitting pattern book too as they had it for $2.99 for Kindle instead of the $40 paper copy. Hoping to find the time to make a Hedwig.
My missing wool showed up, which I'm really happy about, but it had a very odd smell to it. I popped it in the freezer. Someone told me that's a good idea for textiles and such because it will kill most bugs (including bedbugs) and bacteria and get rid of smells. I'm hoping so.
I'm working on my homeschool forms today. I bought a boardgame to teach the girls anatomy for health class, and they were really excited about it. I decided I'm teaching them together even though they're three grades apart. They're at the same level for writing. I'll just expect a lower level of performance from DD7. Math I'll keep seperate though. DD7 will be doing Saxon 4/5, but DD9 will be doing Algebra 1.
Now I just need to figure out a way to teach them French.

Hope everyone has a great day!

PamelaG - Today would normally be the beginning of Christmas in July at the Lego store online. They usually have amazing deals, but not much happening on the Canadian site this year. I really want that gingerbread house from last year to add to my Christmas village! Big Lego sets provide hours and hours of entertainment, so I think they're worth it :)

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Aloha!

I didn't sleep well last night and woke up this morning feeling nauseous and with another migraine brewing. So tired of this. I'm supposed to go on a ride with DH today but not sure if that is going to pan out. I'll see how I feel in a bit. It rained at some point as the backyard sidewalk is wet and I checked the radar and there is rain around. I don't want to ride in the rain today so if it's looking like that I won't go anyway. I'll hang at home and read. I started my library book last night and was really getting into it. The house is clean so not much to do around here. The pool needs emptied so it can dry before it gets put away before the hurricane comes. The hurricane has been downgraded to a cat 3 now but still expected to be a cat 1 when it hits this weekend.

If I stay home I might try to run out first thing and get some more eggs, bread, milk and snacks. Maybe. DH still hasn't heard anything about the class this weekend and what their plan is. They aren't very smart when it comes to planning. He'll be prepared to work and have his gear ready.

Pamela- You'll be glad you don't have that errand to run tonight, good thinking! I'm sure they will love the Lego set!
Pam- Glad you slept well, be careful running your errands.
FS- Good idea to go ahead and order. Yay for the missing wool!

Enjoy your day!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Good morning all! Raining with intermittent thunder. Did I mention that I am terrified of thunder? Good thing Buffy isn't!

I've been quite ambitious this morning - added a shelf to our room/closet so DH can put his clothes there. Threw some odds and ends in the washer and rehung the bathroom curtain. The rest of the day will probably see a major drop off from that level of activity;)

Pamela - you got me going to the Lego website - DS is into cars and Star Wars. I saw some things I thought he'd like but will wait until he puts something on his list. We did the VW van two years ago for Christmas
FS - will teaching all the girls together make it easier for you? I hope so. I admire homeschoolers tremendously!
Jess - glad the hurricane has been downgraded and that you are prepared for it.
Pam - hope you get things done quickly
Katrina - you must be up at the farm already - what are you working on this weekend?

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Good day everyone. It's hot again here 91 feels like 104 right now. I am glad we get most things done on the morning time.

I am tired I woke up before 5 it 1 p.m. now. Guess we need to get lunch soon. We eat lighter most of the time in the Summer.

Pamela it seems Lego entertain folks of all ages. Our DD, BF son sure enjoys the smaller sets we've sent him.
Pam glad you got a good night's sleep.
FS sounds like a good idea to get a jump on online Christmas ordering.
Jess take care if the hurricane hits your area. Hope your migraine is gone.
Debbie I hope you have a restful afternoon

I saw a new story on Facebook that said Wal-Mart will be closed on Thanksgiving this year. I think that is good.

Stay safe.. Take Care.. Enjoy your day

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Good afternoon!

It's 81* here today and mostly sunny. It comes and goes as the clouds roll by. It's been the usual here....vacuumed, am working on laundry, the usual chores, drove M to a friend's house for the afternoon to watch Hamilton, and next, I will start working on the menu and grocery list.

A friend shared a link on Facebook for free masks for teachers. I made the cut! I got 5 free masks coming my way. I shared the link with friends, but they were too late to score a free set. :(

My family, namely J and H, ate the first loaf of zucchini bread already. J even snapchatted about it. lol Must be good!

I'm thinking we'll get take out for dinner tonight.

That's about it for me. Have a blessed day!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
It's quiet here on the boards today!

It's still warm and humid here. I finished my menu plan and grocery list, but I'm still remembering random things to add. If I don't write it down, it doesn't get bought. Grocery shopping during a pandemic is just not the same. I'll head out early tomorrow while M is at soccer.
We ordered in from our favorite tavern. Awesome as always. M is home and the guys are playing NASCAR on the play station. I just finished up bills and balancing the checkbook. I guess I'll see what's on tv and chill for the evening. I have my last load of whites in the dryer, so that's done too.

Have a restful night my friends!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Hello, everyone.

I feel as if I haven't been on here in forever. I've managed to catch some time on breaks at work or just before time to go home. I've been packing and unpacking, amid all the regular things that have to be done to run a household.

I don't know if I posted that DD24's Covid test was negative. She says she's still feeling okay, so hopefully, it wasn't so soon that she wasn't getting sick yet.

DH and I are in San Antonio helping my DNiece#2 move back to Louisiana. We got here around 4:00 this evening and packed for about 2 hours. We'll go back tomorrow morning and finish loading the U-Haul. Sunday morning, we'll pull out headed back. I have to go to work Monday morning. TS Hannah is supposed to bring in rain tomorrow. I'm hoping we get most of it into the truck before it really starts raining. The truck can be backed up to, but not under her carport, so maybe we won't get too wet if it does start raining.

Jess, I haven't read in a few days. Did you get the second injection of Botox? And it's causing the cluster migraines again? I've had you on my mind with the hurricane coming. Stay safe! I hope you don't lose power.
Lisa, I agree that grocery shopping is totally different. My trips are more like a grab and go now.
FS, I'm glad you are going to home school the girls. Some children transition easily from home school to public school, and others don't. You've done such a good job with them so far.
Pamela, I took DS's Legos to him about a month or two ago that had been at our house. My children have gotten a lot of things since we started packing to move! Glad you could order what you wanted.
Tricia, the heat of the day comes earlier and earlier. Smart girl to get up and get things done before it's too hot.
Debbie, I think the surprise of the thunder is what gets me. Good job on getting some things done this morning.
Pam, did you find any treasures at the rummage sales? That's one of the things I miss...getting to get out and bargain hunt in stores, at thrift stores, and rummage sales.

Hope you all rest well, friends.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Afternoon!

I felt well enough this morning to go on the ride with DH. We have been gone all day and just got home a little bit ago. My bladder is all jacked up from not drinking enough water and then not being able to use the bathroom when I needed to. The joys of being on the bike all day and bathrooms closed because of Covid. :rolleyes: I still feel like I have to pee but I can't. I'll drink more water and i'll be back to normal soon. It doesn't help that it was hot as all get out today so I was super sweaty and everything was wet and sticking to me. I felt like I had peed my pants when I got off the bike at home. Yuck!

I'm getting a little bit of a headache now. DH hit a big hole right before we stopped for a late lunch (he didn't see it) and my neck snapped whiplash like. Ugh! I was good all day until then. Jane- I haven't gotten the second round of injections yet that's why i'm starting to have migraines again, the botox has worn out of my system.

We need to get the pool emptied and put away this evening since DH will be working tomorrow. Not much else outside that i'm worried about. I'll pull the grill more towards the inner corner of the porch.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Good evening.

Jane, I did find a lot of goodies today. At the first rummage, I got several odds and ends. A big thick book, some old little jello molds, some blocks for Brysen, a big black storage box, some Christmas decorations, a straw heart wreath ( thought it would be a nice Christmas gift all decorated, & a jar candle holder. At the second one, I got a couple toys for Brysen, some baby clothes for my new great niece, and some tops for Melanie and me. And I sat and talked for an hour or so with my friends. I was hot, sweaty, and tired when I got home.

The kids are coming up Sunday. Melanie wants to clean my carpet and my recliner for me. So I will get to see them all, and hug Mel to let her know she's ok in my book. The Lord opened my eyes to some things with her, and I am glad He did. She has a lot of insecurities, just like me. At least, I hope Brysen gets to come.

I am still tired, and even tho I have had a nap, and I have a busy day tomorrow. I had better go to bed. Please, stay safe and be blessed!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Katrina - you must be up at the farm already - what are you working on this weekend?
Hi Debbie,
We have finished a lot of the construction work so now I am painting. There is a lot to paint so I will be at it for a while.