It's MAY 2023!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The year is certainly marching on. I am not sure if I am ready for it to be May, I have so much yet to do. On the flip side I would like time to move a bit quicker so that it will be the beautiful days of Spring and we will be that little bit closer to Christmas. I am never happy lol.
This week brings the first really Wintery days with cooler temperatures and lots of rainy days.

Daily:
Water throughout day,
Shower/bath at night,
Moisturise, brush teeth, lip balm, hand cream
Clean kitchen and DW on before bed.
Read and sleep at reasonable time

Weekly:
*washing (X)( )
*fold washing (X)
*vacuum floors ( )
*clean bathrooms (X)(X)
*meal planning (X)
*general tidy up ( )
*clean fridge/freezers (X)
*tidy pantry/stockpile (X)
*make work lunches (X)
*shopping list (fortnightly) (X) grocery shopping (fortnightly) (X)

Quarterly/Seasonal Goals:
March, April and May-Autumn

*Baking day, try a new recipe and an old favourite. (X)
*Organise DH 60th, Easter and Mum's 80th (X) (X) (X)
*Tidy photo trunk (X) a Winter project....Done
*Start and complete Winter HGP (X)
*Prepare for Nationals in April (X) Done....next year Tasmania!
*Target savings in bank ( ) Set a new goal to hit buy the end of May.
*Review word of the year ( )
*Visit DH's Uncle ( )
*Day trip to Cooma (X)
*Day trip to Yass ( )
*3 day trip to Shepparton ( ) scheduled for May
*At least one no spend day/week per month (X)(X)(X)
*Start thinking ahead for Winter, meals (X)plans ( )celebrations ( )goals ( )

Extras:
Fun/Christmas prep:

*tidy gift closet ( )
*update planner (X)
*work on CIJ posts ( )
*work on wrapping party posts ( )
*do something that is just for me ( )
*start/continue/finish one craft project (X)
*start/continue/finish one book/magazine ( ) Goal for the year is to read 10. I have read 8
*continue looking for stocking fillers, gifts and supplies ( ) My challenge for 2023 is to do great stockings, useful and interesting items.

This week:

*Connect with family via phone, email or text (X)
*Work Monday (X)
*Work Tuesday (X)
*Shopping with Mum Thursday (X)
*Catch up with sister in law? ( ) she did not call
*Pick up library books (X)
*Day trip to farm Saturday (X)

5 small chores:
*Tidy photo trunk (X) Winter project
*Seal draughts around front door (X)
*Seal draughts around back door (X)

Word of the Year 2023: Progress

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Looking back at the goals I set on New Years Day.

Here are some goals for 2023.

*Read 10 books, it is OK to have time away from screens. A work in progress but am doing well
*Do a few more crafts, give myself permission to have some down time and do what I enjoy. Finished 2 crafts so far
*Use what I have in this house. I have nice things and it is OK to use them. Need to look at this again
*I would like to do more baking days and maybe do some more batch cooking. Have done 2 baking days, will schedule more
*Set a savings target and reach it. Have reached twice and have reset again
*Revisit every room in this house. Declutter, organise and make it work best for us. Not yet, need to look at this, make a note in my planner
*Set a few major projects. Revisit family history, print photos, revisit the household budget. About to start these
*Celebrate my family, they are a small but loyal tribe. Have been getting together, have a dinner planned for Mum's birthday
*Finding the balance between keeping busy and getting some rest Am making time for me, am better at this so far

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We've had rain three straight days. The apple tree has lost all of the petals. The dogwood tree is in full bloom. Irises are starting to grow taller. May will be very busy with play practice, moving college students, Mother's Day and Memorial Day.

It's another full week of activites. Outdoor work this week is dependent on the weather. Knowing what I know about the activities for June-August, I have to go back to building in time to my week for Christmas Prep like I do for the HHP. Man, taking off from planing in January and February was really a mistake. I'm glad I tried it to know for sure that flying by the seat of my pants is not for me in the long run.

Daily:
  • Exercise
  • Prayer
  • Calendar Review of Appointments/Meetings
  • Reading ( 5 minutes)
  • Journal
  • Writing (5 minutes)
Weekly:
  • Dust/Vacuum/Mop
  • Bills
  • Laundry
  • Menu Planning
  • Groceries
  • End of Week Reflection
  • Set Research/Writing Goals
  • Answer Autobiographical Questions
  • Weed Garden
Monthly:
  • Living Room/Dining Room/Hall/Front Porch
    • Dust Blinds.
    • Sweep the front porch.
    • Clean the front door.
    • Wipe down the wall and door jambs.
    • Dust the chandelier.
    • Wipe down dining room chairs.
    • Declutter
Extra:
  • Christmas Prep [making up time from January through April] - Update addresses
  • Review last year's notes for food/drink consumption. Adjust the amount of food/drink with a new list.
  • Going room by room, make a list of items to “spruce” up. Any painting, touch ups, decluttering needed? Any replacements or repairs? What about outside? Does moss/mildew need to be removed from the siding, patio, and/or walkway? What about the mailbox? Do outdoor light bulbs need replacing? Decide what will get done and when.
  • Put together vacation recipes.
  • Make a hiking trail list.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Going room by room, make a list of items to “spruce” up.
This is one of my goals. We can't "spruce up" as in painting etc but I would like to re arrange the garden area (if it ever stops raining). I would also like to look at each room with fresh eyes. Is the room working well, is there a better way to arrange furniture etc? Would like to do these things over Winter if I can while the weather is cooler and I have a bit more energy.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Well, it took me a few hours but I did get through two items off my extra list that I really wanted to get done. I feel like such a weight was lifted. I am so glad I did this now. The addresses are updated as best as can be. Lots of changes have been going on these past two years. There are a few people who I will need to update their address in the fall after they move.

I also worked on the list of food and drinks. I thought I had some notes but I didn't even write them down in my book or on the pc. :oops: Thankfully, I wrote a few things here and I was able to add them to my notes for Christmas 2023.
This is one of my goals. We can't "spruce up" as in painting etc but I would like to re arrange the garden area (if it ever stops raining). I would also like to look at each room with fresh eyes. Is the room working well, is there a better way to arrange furniture etc? Would like to do these things over Winter if I can while the weather is cooler and I have a bit more energy.
I like your idea on furniture arranging. I want to work on the spruce up list next. I guess it really is house maintenance. LOL! It sounds nicer and gets me more motivated when it's dressed up as "Spruce Up" and then lumped in with Christmas prep. ;)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
It sounds nicer and gets me more motivated when it's dressed up as "Spruce Up" and then lumped in with Christmas prep. ;)
I totally agree. Spruce up sounds like things are getting prettified. Maintenance sounds like hard work.
I figure if I do a room a month that will get me through the Winter and in time for HGP to start in Spring.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I totally agree. Spruce up sounds like things are getting prettified. Maintenance sounds like hard work.
I figure if I do a room a month that will get me through the Winter and in time for HGP to start in Spring.
Tidy up sounds so much easier than clean up.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom