It's the little things that mean the most!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jingle-jo

Retire Member
Feb 13, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
Well, I have been suffering major withdrawl symptoms for the past 3 weeks from the MHH as I have been on my holidays to Cuba. Unfortunately my Nan died whilst I was away and I just didn't feel like browsing the internet. I should have though, because reading all the latest posts has really cheered me up, given me someting to look forward to and enabled me to rationalise things.

Nan died 5 days before her 91st birthday, she had a long and happy life, was well enough to live in her own home all her life. She died peacefully in her sleep whilst on her holidays at my Aunts house, so she wasn't alone or in pain. I just hope I have inherited her longevity genes! Whilst I am full of sadness, I know that no one lives for ever and her funeral on wednesday was a celebration of her life rather than a mourning of her death, and when I go to meet my maker that's just how I want it too!

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
I'm so sorry that you will be missing your Nan. It's hardest on those left behind. How wonderful that you celebrated her life, I can imagine that would make her so happy! As long as you have your memories she will never be far from you. We're here for you! :grouphug:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I am so sorry for your loss. How nice that you all "celebrated her life" rather than "mourned her death". I am sure she would have liked that.

Best Wishes,

Melanie

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
My heart goes out to you. I lost my brother last month and I feel your pain!! I'm sorry for your loss. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
My heart goes out to you and your family. It sounds like she loved life and you. Your Nan went the way I hope to go when it's my time.

Rock, So sorry you lost your brother. It's very hard to have lost anyone in our family or that is near to us.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Jingle-jo, I am sorry about the loss of your Nan. And rockandrollgal, I am sorry about the loss of your brother. These boards at MHH are a source of comfort for us all. :grouphug:

Eaglesax

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Middle Georgia
so sorry for your loss. My GM passed away 26 yrs ago, although I miss her terribly, she is still very much in my heart and I think of her "advice" and funny sayings all the time. Although it seems like just words, it's true they continue to live through you. Like you said, celebrate her life and all she meant to you.

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
Jingle-jo, So sorry to hear your sad news - I'll be thinking of you.

On a lighter note I hope you had a wonderful holiday, and there's certainly been plenty of things going on here. so when you're feeling a little low visit MHH to cheer yourself up!

:grouphug:

Pamelajane

Retire Member
Apr 19, 2008
Hertfordshire.UK.
So sorry to hear of your sad news.

My Grandparents have all lived to good ages and My Grandmother is 88 although she has been saying she is 69 3/4 for the longest time!

As i am 37 the trouble is i feel as though she will be here forever. The benefit of being older though is you learn to appreciate them while they are here.

Thinking of you

Pamelajane.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Jingle-Jo and Rockandrollgal, you are both in my prayers. I am so sorry for your losses. My grandparents died in '05, 14 weeks apart. They were married 72 years. Grandpa drove every day to the nursing home to feed grandma and he died in May at 92 unexpected and then g'ma in August. My dad died in June that same year. Not a a very good summer. I was REAL close to my grandparents. Find peace in your memories.

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
Jingle-Jo:

I am sorry for your loss. May the precious memories you have created give you comfort in the coming days.

Lifting you and your family in prayer.

:grouphug:

jingle-jo

Retire Member
Feb 13, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
A BIG thank you for all your kind words and thoughts. It's a great comfort to hear off everyone, you are all a lovely bunch of ladies and I'm so glad that I accidently stumbled across OC way back in December, which led me to the MHH.

Rockangel, you especially are in my thoughts.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Jingle-Jo and Rockandrollgal, I am so sorry for your losses.