January 2010 Hippity Hoppity Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Just a reminder because it will be here soon...the first Hippity Hoppity Day is January 3rd....!!!! I plan to work diligently on Hippity Hoppity Days between now and Easter...the rest of the year...not so much so...because Easter is pretty easy for me...BUT I do have some goals...I'll post them later...

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
This is perfect! I was planning to start my Easter Couontdown on January 3rd! Now I will have backup! LOL

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Cool ... I will need some planning for Easter. It came on me to fast in 2009!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
My goals for January Hippity Hoppity Day .....January 3rd....

1. Get out the Easter Countdown Notebook and set up the pages for 2010.

2, Get out my Spring Notebook and work on it.

Thats it ....two simple tasks .....so let's see if I actually get to DO them!!!

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
Silly me... the 3rd is the day that I start the Valentine's Countdown NOT the Easter Countdown! Oh well, I am still excited for Hippity Hoppity Day!!!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
lol....well I look forward to reading about your Valentine's Day Countdown stuff....be sure and post it....!!!!!

dancingelf

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
West Virginia
Oooh! I need to incorporate Hippity Hoppity Day into 2010. My DD dances competitively and we attend a convention/competition from Wednesday-Saturday before Easter. Let me tell how crazy Easter is if you haven't made any sort of plans before then. YIKES! The last three years that we've been going to this event have rendered those Easter Sundays a little nuts.

So, for me, Hippity Hoppity Day will involve the following:

making a section for the Holiday notebook
making lists of food, activities, Easter basket goodies, crafts, etc.

Thanks, Gingerbug, for the kick in the pants!

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
I am celebrating my first 2010 hippity hoppity day today! Made a menu for this years dinner which will be different than some years past. Also made an adorable stuffed bunny that has been cut out for over a year! Just needed to find the time to make it, and today was the day! Have to wait till next month to make copies as I ran out of printer ink the other day. Have a few more craft projects to complete in the next couple of months, I am hoping I can keep up the momentum.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Ginger...you're killing me! LOL...Rudolph day good for Kim...Hippity Hop...not so much!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Today....took stock of the little goodies I already have for Evan's Easter basket...basically all I need is a sping outfit and a DVD...which I'll buyt closer to Easter....now to start tucking money away for some gift cards for my grown children...just a little something nothing major...but if I start sticking it away now...it helps a lot.

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
I am a day late with Hippity Hoppity Day thanks to a migraine yesterday! Today i want to finalize my menus, make my basket stuffer list, and make cards and invitations with the kids.

caitsmum

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2008
Bedfordshire England
I finally managed to put my Easter planner together last night - just as Hippity Hoppity day was winding down!

Now I need to find out where we're going to be for Easter so I can decide on the menu! I cook where ever we are, but numbers and cooking facilities vary greatly! Lol!

AM

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I am going to celebrate Hippity Hoppity Day this year! For January -- it will NOT be on the first Sunday -- I'll celebrate whenever I can get a day....... but I NEED Hippity Hoppity Day this year...... to look forward to all the wonderful spring things that we celebrate, along with the real reason for Easter! Winter seems especially harsh this year! But.. Easter will come! Hurray!

printersdevil

Retire Member
Sep 19, 2008
playingdishes.blogspot.com
I've got to get going with Easter planning. I got so behind with everything with working so much all fall and my big Boo Bash. Christmas came together because it is what I "do" and it is just a natural thing for me. I have to admit that I was not with it enough to get photos posted and really didn't even take many. I didn't post to my Christmas blog even once during this season. Having the two girls here really made me use all the spare time for and with them. I also spent a lot of time getting Santa and all the special things that they needed pulled together. So, I didn't blog or post a lot.

I have ideas for Super Bowl decor and I have my tubs of Valentine's stuff that I have to get out and get organized soon for decorating. It will also be easy to pull off. I even have quite a bit of St. Pat's stuff to decorate with, but Easter will require more planning. I have tons of stuff, but I need to put more thought and planning into the event.

My two girls just love all the decor and special things. They never had this at home and they are so much a part of even the decorating. Easter will be another magical, fun time for us, but also a special religious time, too. Neither of the girls had been to church much until they came to live with us. They have gotten so involved and active at church and they both have grown and blossomed so much in their new lifestyle.

I have my notebook pages printed out from early last year for Easter. However, (blush, blush) I never got the notebook together. So, that is my project.

For some reason, I though that Hippity Hoppity Day was the last Sunday of the month. Oh well, I missed it this month.

But, drum roll please,

I bought two sets of the cutest Easter tree ornaments today at a thrift store. They were both new and still wrapped and sealed in the box. So, I guess that counts and tomorrow I vow to finish putting up the Christmas stuff and get my notebook underway.