January 2011 Hippity Hoppity Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Merry Christmas

MHH Member
Oct 16, 2007
Rocky Mountains
Anyone working on this today?

I don't have a Hippity Hoppity notebook. So that's what I'm working on today. I'm going to get this together and ready to do.

I have an idea of what I want to do for DD and DS, but it's a matter of actually doing it. I'm hoping that with my notebook, I'll have it all ready to go BEFORE Easter. Easter is actually late this year, which is good because it gives me more time to get ready.

Happy Hippity Hoppity Day!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
So... when is Easter this year?

I stopped at Cracker Barrel last night... and they had some adorable Easter things.... it put me in a VERY happy mood just to look at them!!! AND... I am thinking that it would be VERY mood-lifting... to plan for Easter during the dark, icy cold months!!!!!!!!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Easter is April 24, 2011.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Thank you, Ahorsesoul! That IS late.... wasn't it in late March last year?

April 24th..... the sounds very much like SPRING!

I am really looking forward to Easter! Let's mke it fun!

Last edited:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I didn't mange to do anything on Hippity Hoppity Day this month but I will try to work on my notebook before the next one rolls around.

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
My problem with Easter is that it is at a different day every year. I don't have a set day that I decorate so I get busy on the farm and sometimes it almost passes me by!
This year it will be nice to have it late and feel so spring like, I hope.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Farmermomof4.... when is your daughter's wedding.... in relation to Easter (April 24th)??? I am assuming that the wedding is before Easter..... I don't know why!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I would really love to change up the menu this year but not sure how the rest of the family would feel about that. I may spend this month going over different recipes and maybe test some out in the next 2 months.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I hardly ever have decorated much for Easter. Not sure why. Even when the kids were little we didn't decorate much.

Menu hardly ever changed:
Ham
Green Bean Casserole
Cornbread
Sweet Potatoes
Deviled Eggs
Mashed potatoes with spinach
Dessert
Rainbow Citrus Cake
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Cute-Egg-Chicks

Since 2007 I've not done Easter dinner for the family. Now that I do the monthly dinners I do special things for the Group Home Ladies I'm happy to try out different menus with them. Last year I did Bunny Salads and Chick Deviled Eggs. They were really cute.

Bunny Salad
http://iamvickie.blogspot.com/2006/10/silly-fun.html
Chick Eggs
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Cute-Egg-Chicks

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
Easter has always been big for me as well kind of like christmas with all the decor and what i call an easter tree all decked out in easter decor it takes awhile for me to do it all i'm glad i have a little more time this year.:easterbunny:

snowqueen

Premiere Member
Nov 1, 2007
Vermont
I'm not sure what Easter will be like this year. So many things are changing in my life. DSand DIL like to make the plans for everything. It takes a load of us but DH is just as fuddled as I am about it all because some traditons are going down the tubes with them. Oh well. I'll go with the flow and if it gets to be too carried away I will speak up. Dorene

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I haven't done anything special for Easter in years and I gave all of my decorations away. Now that I have 3 great nieces, I think I should do something special for them. I need to do some thinking on this. Starting first with putting a little notebook together.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I need to take a look at my Easter NB this month...I don't really remember what's in there.

As for Easter planning, we decorate the livingroom, diningroom and kitchen...it doesn't change much from year to year. Lots of painted wooden eggs (in bowls, vases, etc.) Seasonal linens and such and a wreath on the front door.

I help fill 12 adult baskets (with my SIL) and 6 kids baskets (including my 2 boys) I picked up rubber basket totes at the Target Dollar Spot last week for the grown-ups.

Growing up, my mom didn't put much candy in our baskets, but they were always filled with great stuff...comics, magazines, small toys, funny socks, make-up, toothbrush, etc. I've kept this tradition with my boys. Everyone gets a chocolate bunny and I just put out a bowl of jelly beans to share.

We also hide plastic eggs in the yard for the boys with little trinkets inside (stickers, temporary tattoos, matchbox cars, etc.) So I am on the lookout for things to put in them this year.