January 2019 declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Speaking of tea, I got some tea for a Christmas gift in a flavor that I am not fond of. Is it decluttering if I put it in the gift closet for someone else this Christmas?

Last edited:
Reactions: Holiday_Mom

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I say Yes! Katrina. You are removing it from your life and letting it go to gift to someone else.

I am working on the built-in desk already this morning, haven't even had breakfast yet and throwing away all the paper clutter that I don't need, recycling what I can and going to file what needs to be filed. I threw away some trinkets that were not used and putting away items where they belong. I haven't yet put anything in the donate pile because this area tends to just collect things that we're too lazy to put away, but i'm sure I will find donation stuff in other areas of the house today.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jess, it feels great when we tackle an area that is bothering us. I am sure that once you organise the desk how you like it it will look great.

Reactions: MrsSoup

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I dropped off two bags at the homeless home this Morning. Rang the bell, usually a security guard comes, and instead a man just looked at me from up the stairs and come down sooo slowly and then I thought he would ring to open the door but he just went to talk to someone in another room…. pfff I was outside in the cold. Left the 2 bags on the doorstep.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, WOW. Well done to you.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This basement may take longer than a month. I knew it got bad over time but wow! We have 2 IKEA shelving systems in our basement along the one wall. Then we have several smaller shelves/cabinets/filing cabinets in the middle of the basement and tons of Rubbermaid Totes around them.

Right now, I'm going through the IKEA shelves. I just finished up 4 shelves in one of the smaller sections and 1 shelf in another section. I filled up 2 clothes basket with more papers to go through this week. These will not have to be shredded. :D

I have one small box filled with magazines for donations.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I watched Tidying Up on Netflix, too, with DD26. I have gone through my clothes and done my sock, underwear, and t-shirt drawers like her! Lots got donated. DD and I went through Christmas decor as we got it out in December and a box got donated.

DD and I will tackle the junk room these next few weeks.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Carrie, love how you did the napkins. What a great idea.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I worked on another shelf. I put two vases into the donation box. After sorting through the other bags of paper, I decided that I'm going to sort through the paperwork while watching TV this week.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I finished sorting through all the bags of paperwork. I found two gift cards, some cash and a long lost comical picture that my dad made for my husband. We've been looking for it since 2011. :rolleyes:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I finished sorting through all the bags of paperwork. I found two gift cards, some cash and a long lost comical picture that my dad made for my husband. We've been looking for it since 2011. :rolleyes:
Mary, what wonderful finds and you decluttered. I would say that that was a win.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
One cw's husband had to work in the attic this Week… it's an old house that was bought from a series of previous owners… he found 6,000 $ in cash! It doesn't just happen in the movies, but I'm sure it won't happen in our house as DH built it with his dad.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie. Wow what an amazing find. I am sure that the CWs husband was very excited.

Reactions: luludou

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Finished going through all of Christmas and putting it away. I didn't pitch anything oh well. I did start going through the rest of the closet, have over a box full to shred. The last of Mom and dads stuff and 15 years of clinical ladder portfolios and everything from the new building design committee. There are 2 more boxes in there hope to do them this afternoon.