January 2020 Declutter Club.

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I added more books to the donation pile. A few more things went to the trash.

Reactions: jampss

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Today was a big day for trash - 3 bags out the door!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Every one is doing so well, I have nothing out the door but the spare room is filling up with stuff that needs to go,

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DS and I have worked hard on his room today. We have 2 bags of trash out (old coathangers etc.) and I bag of donations out of his room.
We have dusted and cleaned and organised and it looks fabulous. We have now tidied his bathroom, loungeroom and bedroom so have completed January goals.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I.Finally. Drove. To. The. Donation. Place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, dropped off the large Christmas gift bag full of stuff! Yay!!!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I packed up two set of full size sheets for donation. We thought we had purchased a full size bed for downstairs but it grew into a queen in the basement air. I have to return a full size mattress pad to BedBath and Beyond next week. The comforter set came today, fits fine. Dh needs to hang the curtains over the bed now to finish it off.

Reactions: jampss and luludou

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Went through Christmas stuff when packing up, didn’t get rid of a lot but, every little bit helps.
Now working on the basement. Went through all my wrapping supplies. Have things organized by Christmas and not Christmas. Seems I always buy stuff for non Christmas gifts because I never want to dig through all my supplies. Have things reorganized so that my “gift closet” and wrapping are all in the same place this year. And I have a large table to wrap on. Pitched a lot and have a big pile for the thrift shop.
Got rid of some Easter things and have started going through all the fall things. I think I will need to sort through the things I have upstairs again too at some point. Now I need to make a trip to the thrift shop drop off door and not go in to do shopping!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
2 boxes and 1 shirt of dh are in the recycling bin.
2 more shirts are in donation bag.

Since dh never throws anything away... I did go through all his clothes at one point and had a pile of to keep and one to donate.. he went through it all and only gave one away (must have had at least 30 in the pile), I've decided to eliminate slowly without telling him. I'm sure he won't even notice what I got rid of this time.

Reactions: jampss