January 2021 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Annie, good girl for being able to donate the vases. I am very sentimental so would struggle with this too.

Getting rid of a huge suitcase that I used years ago when I traveled to the U.S. It will go to my Mum's for her to use for some storage.
My aim is to do a room a month this year and give it all a thorough clean and declutter, I need to be ruthless

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Well, I have not starting cleaning yet! But Ryan has taken 1 1/2 bags of trash out of his room. He emptied all his drawers, closet and went thru clothes. I ironed some of his nicer clothes. He has to put it all back together. Has used the sweeper and moved his furniture and did behind.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Ladies- Seems there are a lot out there with the same plans as us. Just went by Goodwill- there were a ton of people there donating items!

I gave a friend a snowman cookie jar. She collects snowmen. I realized a lot of my Christmas decor is Santa.

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Annie, it will be the same here, a lot of folks donating to charities after a big post Christmas tidy up. The charity shops here are getting very fussy and go through the donations and pick what they want and send you home with what they don't want. They will ask for cash rather than items. Makes it hard to declutter and get the items out of the house. Ihave a ways to go yet so might not donate for a few more weeks yet.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Started tidying the pantry. There is some food in there that DH and I won't eat so we will box it up and take to DS.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished with the pantry. Threw some items out, not because it was bad or expired but because we do not like it. I have made a list in my planner of what we might need when I shop but we do not need much at all.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Threw out 1 bottle of old bacon bits - I never use that, something the kids had bought and brought here. Threw out a few things in the fridge too.

1 sweater will be given to ddil (or in the donation bag if she doesn't want it) and will offer her an organizer for the closet. If she doesn't want it I'll use it in the basement.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Large suitcase has gone to Mum's, will take a few boxes of items to DS's tomorrow.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Got a very small amount of trash out. Also, my purse came from Amazon so cleaned out the old one (alot of junk in it) and threw that purse out!!!! REALLY like it but it was just over used!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Filed papers in my nightstand and shredded a pile.
2 combs will be given to dil. will also send back, to ddil, some clothes I had for my grandson that are too small for him.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
As I was packing Christmas I always evaluate what's in my "Misc Christmas" box and toss some. I've done good actually and between Christmas and the new year I have almost a full tote box of stuff ready to go. I'll wait to drop it off until I have the house totally picked up from the Christmas tornado. I've also decided that one of the laundry baskets I keep in my daughters closet for when she comes home, will now be my drop off location and when it's full the stuff goes. That way I'm using something that's already there and not adding another box to the mess that tends to end up in her room now that it's open and not used.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I went through the file of the old van and threw out A LOT of paperwork. Into the recycle bin!

(Yeah ... our 15 year old van was dying a slow death ... some computer brain part that has electronic-ical parts stop working and the other week ... the motor starting running rough. No replacement part anymore. Sniff)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I decluttered my inbox and unsubscribed to groups sending me things that I wasn't reading.

Reactions: Lana and jampss

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Mary, I have been doing the same thing! Too much email in my inbox when I check it!

I tossed a broken under the bed tote today that I keep the Christmas ribbon, tissue paper, and gift bags in and replaced it with the one I got for free from a friend on FB a couple of weeks ago.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I decluttered my inbox and unsubscribed to groups sending me things that I wasn't reading.
I so have to do this and I need to declutter my phone. There are way too many old messages on there.