January 2022 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Tossed a diffusor with reed sticks I had brought from mom's... too old not a good smell
3-tiered tray (bought a new 2-tiered wood one) - the old one was plastic and I did not like it (had received as a gift).

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DS and I are about to take 7 bags to the charity bin and to the bottle and can recycling bin. Will be glad to have it gone. Will drop flat bed sheets to a friend.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I didn't toss anything, but DH and I got my wall organizer mounted on the wall in the sewing room. That room is going to be where I work to get things organized, sorted, and discarded during the next month (or two). It's the last room in the house I really haven't gone completely through and decluttered or rearranged since we moved in. I'm excited to get it done.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Over the 2 1/2 days off, I got about 3 bags of trash out. alot was papers from last year as I pulled tax stuff out and more papers of stuff I decided was not of use. Got a tote and half of craft stuff packed from my room.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I have a lot of boxes to get rid of and some more shredding to do. Put more of DH's clothing in the donation bag.

I do need to go through some of my holiday stuff as I find I didn't use much of it this year.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I hit the fridge again and threw out more condiment jars.
My area doesn't do glass recycling so I was able to just toss (with guilt- because I try to recycle what I can).

And this is a big one- I got a food "boxed delivery" gift for Christmas and I threw that box away.
And also- I was in a fitness challenge and we received a box of little things for joining the challenge.
I have had that darned box just sitting in my room and last night after I put the Christmas box in the garbage,
I went and grabbed that little box and threw it in too.

I should say- these are boxes with graphics, logos, they aren't simple cardboard that can be recycled.
If they were, I would.

I hate all the packaging stuff comes in. It's so wasteful.
But I also don't want it just clogging up my house! LOL
I tend to hold on to them for too long.

Annie

Last edited:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Tonight, I went thru the dresser in the room that Jaymee had when they were here the 1 1/2 yrs. and I have 2 wal-mart sacks of soxs, and a big trash bag of pajama shirts, pants, booties and shorts, and then another 1/2 of Wal-Mart bag of miscellaneous items.
Got a fourth a bag of trash from top of dresser and some stuff from drawers that was either no good papers or expired items.
She has some coats, shoes, bedspreads and alittle more miscellaneous stuff. She will start going thru it and decide what to do with it.
I NEED my craft room back. Plus some stuff of Aunt Im's is in there to sort. Pictures and papers that I will send to a cousin.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Go @Lana ! I think DH and I will be cleaning and clearing out the back screen porch today.

Reactions: Lana

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Last night, I went through shorts, pajamas, gowns, and summer shirts and pants. Made two bags (13 gallon size) - one for consignment, one for donation. Filled one bag full and one bag about 1/4 full. Then, some things too worn out to go to either that I'll use for rags or tear into strips to use for tying in the garden. Consignment should start taking spring/summer in about three weeks.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Deep-cleaned my office closet. took all Christmas out of it and in an armoire downstairs. Crafting in there and some liquors.
Got rid of 2 bottles of liquor (very old), lots of cardboard, 3 cell phone boxes (we don't have those cells anymore), 1 wireless mouse box, 1 dymo that didn't work, lots of papers, 1 puzzle that I just finished and was missing a piece.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Went thru the night stand drawers (2) in spare room and got thru 3 boxes. Alot of the papers went into the wood furance since it was old financial papers and such.

Getting a line up of sacks for Jaymee. She probably won't be here till Wednesday night after work to get Teigan. (Allen will take T to Centralia to meet Jaymee for violin lessons and then Tuesday will be her small family party.)

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Will do the fridge. Bin night tomorrow night.
Need to talk to DH about things that we need to declutter. THAT will be my challenge.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I went through a milk crate of craft items. I am giving away a pack of google eyes to my little crochet friend, tossed out some dried paint and old material.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I have a list of things to hit this week. I'm pasting my declutter list here because I didn't do any decluttering last week as I planned. :mad:
  • Declutter
    • drawer with papers
    • Gift receipts, shopping bags, shipping boxes
    • guest office space
    • office

As an aside, I read this statement today and thought I'd share it here:

"Shifts in taste and perception frequently accompany shifts in identity. One of the clearest signals that something healthy is afoot is the impulse to weed out, sort through and discard old clothes, papers and belongings."

"By tossing out the old and the unworkable, we make way for the new and the suitable."

"A house overflowing with odds and ends and tidbits you've held onto for someday has no space for the things that might truly enhance today."

"Two cross currents are at work: The old you is leaving and grieving , while the new you is celebrating and grows strong. There is both tension and relief."
- from Julia Cameron's book, The Artist's Way

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DH decluttered his old pay slips, had a big box full, now just a little packet. He also threw away more papers, filled the small bin in the kitchen. I threw away more empty boxes from the office and some odds and ends in there.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Two mugs, a plate and a pair of sweats for donation. Several pieces of plasticware to the recycle bin.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I have our old, very old, towels all set aside for the Humane Society as I ordered new towels from My Pillow. They should be here tomorrow. A pair of flannel PJ's tore when I rolled over in bed so ... I guess they were really really old and now the bottoms are lining the box in the computer room here for Axl cat!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Today, I threw away a very old pair of tennis shoes...too worn for either consignment or Goodwill. Also, went through my rest of my shoes and added four pair to the consignment bag. My shoe needs have changed since I no longer teach.

Decluttered the area where I put the mail. Items needed to be filed were moved where they should go and a lot went into the trash.