January 2022 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
One of my goals is to use up "pieces" of toiletry travel items, lotion, hair products, etc. I used up and tossed a couple of items while at DD's house last weekend.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
One of my goals is to use up "pieces" of toiletry travel items, lotion, hair products, etc. I used up and tossed a couple of items while at DD's house last weekend.
All shampoo can be used to clean the tub

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MissJane, if you have too many for you to use up they are the perfect size for inclusion in charity packs (like Lucie does) for homeless folk.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Was tidying up yesterday. Tossed all of my Halloween (did not have much) decor into the donate bin. We rarely used it so out it goes.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
@Ahorsesoul Oh ... an 'online' garage sale sounds neat.

I need to go through my "craft" bin. It's on my "bullet journal to do list"!! I mostly just crochet, so why do I have stuff I will never need. The Minimal Mom says ... if you haven't used it in like a year, and you could replace it for under $20 ... let it go.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I began deep cleaning my fridge last night. Started with the condiments.

Got rid of many bottles of this, that, and the other.

The condiment door looks sparse and.... GOOD!

Also pulled out some items from the freezer to add to the trash bag. A bag of peas I used last year when my back went out.
Once you use them for that reason, you're not supposed to eat them. Also a bag of frozen fish fillets. I ate as many as I could but didn't care for them much. I was basically forcing myself to eat them so as not to waste food.
There were a couple left but freezer burned so out they went.

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
This inspires me, I have some Halloween stuff that I haven't put out for many years, I need to let it go.
A lot of 'Seasonal' items will be donated. I use to decorate the house when the kids were home, framed pictures for Summer, Autumn etc and other seasonal decor. I have not really decorated for years and do not miss it so will be donating a lot of it. I have a few Easter items which I really like so I will decide if I decorate and if not out it goes.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
My normal January/February basement declutter will not be happening due to the flood decluttering in August and September. Happy Sigh...

Mailing advertisements and old catalogs are out of the house.

There are some areas that I want to declutter this month from the quick Christmas clean up following my nephew's death. I'm ready to tackle these areas this month:
  • drawer with papers
  • Gift receipts, shopping bags, shipping boxes
  • guest office space
  • office

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I need to go through my "craft" bin. It's on my "bullet journal to do list"!! I mostly just crochet, so why do I have stuff I will never need. The Minimal Mom says ... if you haven't used it in like a year, and you could replace it for under $20 ... let it go.
I have a lot of craft items still, beads and wood pieces, paints, all sorts of things. I often think that I will toss and then I am not sure.
I do like the notion that you can replace it down the track if needed.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Threw out some pens that did not write.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I worked in my room starting late afternoon. Getting some things in piles that go together. Went through all the bills from last year and threw out all the ones not needed for taxes. Also more papers. While having a Christmas movie on and watching on computer screen. Listening to.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Tossed some of DH's papers and have some shredding to do.