January 2022 Menus

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
We have our local Meal Kit coming today. There are three meals. It's where DS18 is working at now!

But we won't make it tonight, as we need to dash off to campus for DS's evening computer class so it's ... grilled cheese and tomato soup.

Bacon and Brie Grilled Cheese with Cranberry, Parmesan, & Arugula Salad​

https://chefami.com/recipes/bacon-and-brie-grilled-cheese

Skillet Chicken with 3 Mustard Cream Sauce & Roasted Vegetable Medley​

https://chefami.com/recipes/skillet-chicken

Tuscan Salmon with Creamy Garlic-Butter & Sun-dried Tomatoes​

https://chefami.com/recipes/tuscan-salmon

Reactions: Lori K

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I told my friends I've graduated into the COVID world and finally had to do a grocery pick up last night for the first time since all of this started. That made me actually think about a menu. I'm still working at using what I have on hand in my kitchen or in the freezer, so they aren't the healthiest options this week. BUT here it goes!

Tuesday: Pepperoni and Green Chile Pizza w/ Salad
Wednesday: Pork Sirloin Roast w/ Fresh Green Beans & Fried Spaghetti for my husband
Thursday: Ground Pork and Potato Soup (I was making this Pork Zuppa Recipe, but the store was out of kale, so I may have to wing it)
Friday: Chicken Enchiladas and Refried Beans
Saturday: Gone
Sunday: ? (not sure I'll be home in time for dinner)

Since my husband is also home this week because we're quarantined, I had to plan lunches for him as well.

Tuna Salad Sandwiches for my husband & Tuna Packet and Pretzels for me.
Green Chicken Salad w/ Homemade Greek Dressing (this is the recipe I use regularly)

Reactions: jampss

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Wednesday-Gluten free Belgium Waffles with Huckleberry sauce and sausage
Thursday- Stealing the Bacon and brie toasted sandwich recipe since I have the ingredients-Thank you for sharing the recipe
Friday- Stolen dinner #2 Pork Zuppa since I have the Kale to use. Thank you for the recipe.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Tuesday - Chicken and Dumplings, Cornbread
Wednesday - Leftover Gumbo with Rice, Crackers, Salad
Thursday - Pork Loin, Leftover Mashed Potatoes, Salad
Friday - Stew, Hot Water Cornbread

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
  • Love

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Try it with fig jam and a balsamic reduction, in lieu of the cranberry and parmesan. And grill it or cook it panini-style. Yum. But I AM going to try it with the cranberry and parm, too.
I used apricot preserves, left on the coating of the brie (usually remove it all), cranberries and the balsamic glaze in the panini but no parm. We loved it.

• Love
Reactions: jampss and Lori K

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
The recipe on Food.com (https://www.food.com/recipe/swedish-pot-roast-92618) is very close to the one I have from my mom's recipe collection. I like to double the spice rub mixture, so the meat is well coated and, depending on the size of the roast, may also increase the vinegar/sugar mix. I typically substitute garlic powder for the cloves and add it to the spice rub. And I've never had bay leaves in my pantry, so they get left out.

Growing up, mom would cook it in the pressure cooker. (I later found out that she often substituted venison for the chuck roast -- and I hate venison. So it's a good way to disguise it, I guess.). I brown the meat as directed in the recipe and then cook it all day in the crock pot. Makes the house smell soooooo good and the meat gets so tender. Sometimes, I'll take some of the crock-pot juices and add a slurry to make gravy; other times, I'll just use the juices as is. It also makes great BBQ sandwiches from the leftovers. Hope you like it!
I really liked this recipe. Will be adding extra sauce and onions next time. Used a round steak so it was a little lean. Was too lazy to dig in the freezer and the round steak jumped up first screaming take me. Dh was not impressed because he heard pot roast and was thinking a sunday american pot roast with potatoes and carrots. He might also not been able to taste it since he was down with Covid the next day.

Reactions: jampss and Lori K

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Thursday: Ground Pork and Potato Soup (I was making this Pork Zuppa Recipe, but the store was out of kale, so I may have to wing it)
Friday: Chicken Enchiladas and Refried Beans
Saturday: Gone
Sunday: ? (not sure I'll be home in time for dinner)

Since my husband is also home this week because we're quarantined, I had to plan lunches for him as well.

Tuna Salad Sandwiches for my husband & Tuna Packet and Pretzels for me.
Green Chicken Salad w/ Homemade Greek Dressing (this is the recipe I use regularly)
Made the Pork Zuppa. A bit bland to me but everyone else loved it. I did leave out the red pepper since I am the only one who likes the spice. I’ll make it again. All three recipes I tried are keepers. Thanks for sharing.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I really appreciate the sharing of recipes!

I'm doing my recipe planning for a couple weeks, since it's all planned around our ski trip (leaving Thursday). When we get home, I'll have to fill in the rest of week 2.

I've done all the food prep for the trip with meals made and frozen in vacuum packed bags. That saves so much room over putting them in containers. I still have to make the shopping list for just prior to leaving.

January 31 – February 6
  • Monday (ski) ~ Salmon; chop salad
  • Tuesday ~ Chile Verde (from freezer)
  • Wednesday ~ Tomato Soup
  • Thursday (travel day) ~ Bar & Grill/Valley, WA
  • Friday ~ *
  • Saturday (travel day) ~ Dinner out at Whitefish
  • Sunday ~ *
February 7 – February 13
  • Monday ~ *
  • Tuesday ~ *
  • Wednesday (travel day) ~ TBD (home)
  • Thursday ~ TBD (home)
  • Friday ~ TBD (home)
  • Saturday ~ TBD (home)
  • Sunday (Merwin cooks) ~ TBD (home)
*Ski trip dinner

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Still quite warm here (February is our hottest month) so the meals are quick and simple.

Monday 31st January:
San Choy Bao with rice. In lettuce cups and topped with sweet chilli sauce.
Tuesday 1st February: Grilled chicken with bacon, avocado, lettuce and ranch on brioche buns.
Wednesday 2nd: Pizza, garlic bread and salad
Thursday 3rd: Chicken enchiladas
Friday 4th: DH will be cooking
Saturday 5th: Toasted turkey, avocado and cheese on Turkish bread
Sunday 6th: Pancakes with mixed berries and ice cream.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Sunday-leftovers
Monday-Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese
Tuesday-Steak and Twice Baked Potatoes
Wednesday-Wing night
Thursday-Pork Chops and Scalloped Potatoes
Friday- Pizza
Saturday- Wedding Soup

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Still quite warm here (February is our hottest month) so the meals are quick and simple.

Monday 31st January: San Choy Bao with rice. In lettuce cups and topped with sweet chilli sauce.
I’ve made this type of lettuce cups. I always end up add peanut butter to up the taste.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Jan. 31 - Feb. 6, 2022
Monday
-- leftover enchilada pot pie and Spanish rice
Tuesday -- sausage and peppers (in crock pot), spaghetti, salad, garlic toast
Wednesday -- Roasted chicken breast, rice, green beans, salad
Thursday -- Chili, coleslaw, corn bread
Friday -- homemade pizza, salad
Saturday -- beef stew (or something with leftovers????)
Sunday -- polish sausage, sauerkraut, 4-bean salad

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I’ve made this type of lettuce cups. I always end up add peanut butter to up the taste.
This is a great idea, I will try it next time.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Changing it up. Forgot today was Lunar New Year. So, moving sausage & peppers to Weds., and making chicken tonight, and going with the fruited chicken recipe I posted, instead of plain oven-roasted chicken.

Tuesday -- Fruited chicken over rice, green beans, salad
Wednesday -- sausage and peppers (in crock pot), spaghetti, salad, garlic toast